297Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 2.3.09

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Feb 3, 2009

      February 3, 2009

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      Hey everyone! Well, January is behind us now (whoo-hoo) and February is proving to be quite interesting already. Super Bowl XLIII is over with Steeler fans rejoicing and the world's most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, has just sealed our fate for six more weeks of winter! An estimated 13,000 people came to see Phil do his stuff yesterday, that's quite a fan club! For the record, there has only been 15 times Phil hasn't seen his shadow versus the 97 times that he has since 1887. Nobody mentioned if it was the original Phil or maybe a grandson or nephew, twice removed...anyway! Now would be a good time to give yourself a little challenge! Good old Phil says 6 more weeks, why not see how many projects you can finish in that 6 weeks time frame? Take out the UFO's, start the baby quilt for that friend of yours or maybe a new lap quilt. Think spring and make some new spring place mats or wall hangings. Before you know it 6 weeks will be over, you'll have a lot accomplished and will definitely be ready to move onto other things, like planting flowers! Have a great week!

      Check This Out!

      Joyfully welcome in spring with this beautiful quilt pattern called Butterfly Mania, from our new friends at Green Fairy Quilts!

      Spring is in the air and a great way to welcome it in is with a bright, colorful butterfly quilt! This is a full color pattern that is very easy to follow and make. Easy machine applique instructions make your butterflies a cinch to do, just choose your favorite colors to match any room or decor. Little ones and teens alike would just love to snuggle up in this quilt! Click on the link for more info about this pattern!

      For the next two weeks it's not what's on sale, but what is FREE! When you spend a total of $19.99 before s/h, we will include in your order a FREE gift! Now I can't tell you what your gift will be, but I can give you a hint....(It was written by Kaye Wood!) Hmmm, no need to do anything to get this offer, we will automatically include your gift with your order of $19.99 or more!

      New Monthly Sale

      First come-first serve sale!

      Kaye Wood's Children's Alphabet Embroidery Disc for 50% off!

      We have a limited supply of discs to offer at this fantastic price, so if you're a fan of embroidery, don't hesitate! Kaye and the Stitchitize company have based this disc on Kaye's popular pattern design the ABC Quilt! With over 100 embroidery designs, this great collection includes 3 sizes of each letter and design, (3, 4, and 5 inches) as well as a set of individual designs without lettering. Plus, the printed pattern for the ABC Quilt is included with the disc, as well as pdf instructions. With different formats to suit your sewing machine and easy to follow directions, machine embroidery has never been easier!

      This disc works with the following formats: dst, emb, exp, vip, ofm, pxf, csd, art, hus, pcs, pes, jef, sew, jan & xxx

      We have some new fabrics for you to see!

      By Robert Kaufman, we have 5 new fabrics for you to oogle! For a closer detailed look of this fabric and ordering info, please click the link.

      Misty Lilac Butterflies***Pansy Butterflies***Misty Morning Floral***Midnight Magic Batik***Misty Blue Butterflies

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Have a quilting obsession? Get your fix here for FREE all day, every day! We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Also, don't forget to view one of our newest features called, "Kaye Wood Quick Tips"! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her "tricks of the trade" online right now! Just log in and check us out!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      If you have any questions or special requests for programs you would like to see on KayeWoodTV.com, drop an e-mail to Kathleen at the following address.

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      1) My hint is when displaying jelly rolls, I use a piece of cardboard with a slit 1-1/2" from the top, then put your strips in the slit. Overlap the strips about 1/2". Tack the cardboard on the wall so you can see what you have and how many. Doreen from Canada

      2) To keep track of my supplies (scissors, seam ripper, Fray Check, hem gauge, etc.) while I'm at the machine, I've purchased a carpenters nail apron and tied it to the base of my machine. The pockets are in the front and hang off the edge of the table so whenever I need something, I just have to reach into the pocket and grab what I need. When I'm done, I just drop it back in the pocket. Marilyn O., Belding, MI

      3) Another use for the pant clip-hanger is to hang up your prototype block. When making a quilt block that requires pieces to be put in a specific place, it's beneficial to have your prototype hanging in view for a guide. Sure beats ripping the stitches out and starting over. Just another way to stay organized. Brenda K., Kingman, AZ

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is coming to Puyallup, WA!

      When you come to enjoy the Sewing and Stitchery Expo, don't forget to pencil in some time for the LoveQuilt™!

      All quilts are to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA.

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is an event taken to National Quilt and Sewing events, to promote community charity work through quilting. At this event YLI, Igolochkoy, Mt. Mist, P & B Textiles, Clover and Janome have donated supplies to make the 6 Hour Quilts. Our goal is to make 45-60 quilts to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA. A tiny bit of your donated time to stitch on a quilt, can be so beneficial to someone who needs a little love, so please try to join us.

      Event-LoveQuilt™ Connection

      Where-Centennial Tent of the Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      When-February 26-28, 2009

      Time-9:00 am-5:00 pm

      Kaye's Quilting Friends can be seen on select Ohio stations!

      That's right, every Tuesday @ 2:00 pm you can enjoy a different segment of Kaye's 2200 series! Don't miss out on all of the fun and useful information, tune in on Tuesdays!

      WGCT TV 8***WXCB TV 42/Time Warner Ch. 3***WOCB-LP TV 48***WOCB TV 39/Time Warner Ch. 20

      Are you interested in becoming a "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Teacher?

      A second teacher certification class with Kaye Wood is scheduled in Sun City, AZ!

      When-Wednesday, February 11, 2009

      Where-Kaye Wood's home

      Get your teacher certification in the comfort of Kaye's home, as she teaches you her techniques for the pattern Spinning Diamonds and other diamond designs like the Lone Star. For more details about this unique opportunity, click the link below.

      A "Quilting The Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification class will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio.

      When-Saturday, April 18, 2009

      Where-Cincinnati Mills Mall

      Kaye would love to include you in this group of elite teachers, so together you can share her original techniques to make quilting easier and more enjoyable. To sign up or for additional information please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      Show & Tell

      Here are some bags that our girl Brenda who works at Kaye Wood Inc. made, using Lazy Girl Designs patterns! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This first bag is from the pattern Summer Tote. The next two are free patterns from Lazy Girl Designs in honor of National Sewing Month. Brenda J.

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts and quilted items made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Life Before Technology

      A program-was a TV show.

      A cursor-used profanity.

      A keyboard-was a piano.

      An application-was for employment.

      Memory-was something you lost with age.

      A CD-was a bank account.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night. http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to: