292Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Jan 7, 2009

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Jan 7, 2009

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      January 7, 2009

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! I just want to put it out there so we have it on record somewhere, that I am officially SICK of winter! I can take some snow, some cold and even the occasional ice storm that's bound to hit, but I need a break! I need some warmth and I need some sun and more than 5 minutes at a time! I keep looking for that January thaw people here in Michigan keep talking about, but I must be missing something. Then I realize it's only January 7th and well, that just might have something to do with it! It just seems like it should be later then that with all the nasty weather we have been hit with. So if anyone catches sight of spring out there, please...send a bunch of it my way! I'll be waiting and not too patiently either! Have a great week!

      Check This Out!

      We're cleaning off the shelves!

      Snow Happy Together---Snow Belles---Angelsong---Sewing Machine Cover

      These are the Check This Out patterns we have left to offer in our inventory. There are limited amounts of each so when they're gone, they're gone. Order now to get them while supplies last!

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      What's on sale?

      99 cent s/h on Love Letters Quilt Pattern.

      $1.99 s/h for all international orders.

      This unique and lovely envelope quilt is the perfect way to convey how you feel. Whether it be treats, fond memorabilia or your own personal messages, fill the envelopes with your favorites! Fat quarter friendly, Love Letters can be made in 3 different sizes, all included in this pattern with full instructions and supply lists. Use your imagination and choose a fabric to make it your own such as: a baby quilt with cute little surprises, racing car fabric with little Hot Wheels in each envelope, sweet treats fabric with little candies as a surprise, or fish fabric with lures in each envelope, the possibilities are endless! Sizes are as follows:

      48" x 48"/13 envelopes---35" x 35"/5 envelopes---14" x 48"/3 envelopes

      As an added bonus, you can see this project being done on KayeWoodTV.com right now, absolutely FREE!

      All shipping adjustments will be done at the time of processing.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Monthly sale!

      Buy the DVD of either Springtime Hearts or Hearts In Bloom and get the pattern FREE!

      That's right, for each DVD you order you save $8 by getting the pattern for FREE! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to be thinking hearts! Read on for more info about these two awesome patterns!

      Springtime is here all year round with this wonderful pattern, so put those florals to good use! Fussy cut your floral hearts and then frame them with the larger, solid colored hearts. Applique the hearts to a background block and there you have it! Pattern comes with full instructions that include two different tips for applique and complete binding directions for mitered corners. Uses Kaye's View & Do™ Heart Shape (sold separately).

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      With this fun and easy pattern, you make four heart sizes which are layered and appliqued to a background square. The flowers bloom when the heart blocks are sewn together. Uses Kaye's View & Do™ Heart Shape and EZ Under (sold separately).

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Check out our new player on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Now even more easier and fun ways to view your favorite quilting show! Also, don't forget to view our great feature called Kaye Wood Quick Tips! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her "tricks of the trade" online right now for FREE!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      We now have 42 programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! New projects are available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, so make sure you don't miss out, jump online and check out all of our shows!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      Kaye's Quilting Friends is coming to select Ohio stations!

      That's right, starting this week Kaye's 2200 series is being shown in Ohio! Now you can enjoy Kaye in your home every week! Read on for channels and times!

      Time: Tuesday @ 2:00 pm

      Broadcast areas include:

      Columbus, OH-WGCT TV 8

      Delaware, OH-WXCB TV 42 (Time Warner Channel 3)

      Kenton, OH-WOCB-LP TV 48

      Marion, OH-WOCB TV 39 (Time Warner Channel 20)

      Don't miss out on all the fun and useful information, tune in on Tuesdays!

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) A sewing machine needle too dull to sew with works great for a couple of things. It will hold a fairly heavy object on the wall when the narrow part is driven in at an angle up to wider part and doesn't leave much of a hole when pulled out. I also use it when ripping out seams to pick the thread loose enough to either break it or cut it. I really dislike seam rippers as I seem to manage to always cut the fabric with them somewhere along the line. Merrilyn B.

      2) I use old sewing machine needles to hold light weight pictures and decorative items to dry wall. Hammer them lightly into the drywall at an angle and you're good to go! Betty

      3) When making a wall or door hanging, I put a button hole in the center of the rod pocket. Sew the rod pocket on and your wall hanging is always centered. Sharron

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is coming to Puyallup, WA!

      When you come to enjoy the Sewing and Stitchery Expo, don't forget to pencil in some time for the LoveQuilt™!

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is an event taken to National Quilt and Sewing events, to promote community charity work through quilting. At the event, a coordinator works with volunteers to make the 6 Hour Quilt created by Kaye Wood. At the end of the event a charity chosen in advance, sends a representative to receive the quilts. They in turn distribute them to individuals in need. Our mission is to have as many people as possible to learn the technique, so they in turn could, "pay it forward" by teaching it to others. Over 2500 quilts have been made and lovingly given since the program was first introduced in 1993. Many quilters have in turn sponsored events in their own community.

      At this event YLI, Igolochkoy, Mt. Mist, P & B Textiles, Clover and Janome have donated supplies to make the 6 Hour Quilts. Our goal is to make 45-60 quilts to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA. So please come and join us. A tiny bit of your donated time to stitch on a quilt, can be so beneficial to someone who needs a little love.

      Event-LoveQuilt™ Connection

      Where-Centennial Tent of the Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      When-February 26-28, 2009

      Time-9:00 am-5:00 pm

      Kaye is coming to Arizona, have you reserved your spot yet?

      Two separate locations, two times the fun with Kaye and her Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show!

      El Mirage, AZ

      Monday, February 2, 2009

      Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293

      or click the provided link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_El_Mirage_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Mesa, AZ

      Wednesday, February 4, 2009

      Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293

      or click the provided link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_Mesa_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Show & Tell

       Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      Quilts made by Betty.

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Words of wisdom

      "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and have missed. I've failed over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

      "The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything-and it works." William Strong

      "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Sir Winston Churchill

      "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail." Confucius

      "Failure doesn't mean you are a failure...it just means you haven't succeeded yet." Robert Schuller

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night. http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml