Re: Bike ride

  • Tadd
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2012
      It was nice to see a few of the Kayak group at the New Years day Chile Challenge bike ride. The weather was much warmer than years past. Did any one get out and XC Ski today? It seemed to be realy sticky on the skis.

      --- In kayakfw@yahoogroups.com, dave <ride8rek@...> wrote:

      > For anyone that may be interested in a bike ride New Years Day the Three Rivers Velo Sport club is hosting the 17th Chili Challenge New Years day.  They will leave the parking lot of the Psi Ote Provilion at North Side Park at 1PM sharp.  That is located at 705 East State Blvd. which is at the conner of East State and Parnell.  Arrive early so you have time to get you and your bike ready to ride.  They will be riding over to Johnny Appleseed Park first to watch the Bolar Bear Club take their dip in the river, then complete a 15 or 25 mile loop (maps provided) back to the start where they will be serving hot chili and other refreshments.
      >
      > The ride and food is free, unless you want to donate.  And, it is a great way to start the year!
      >
      > Dave Lehman

    • Ann Blue
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 25, 2012
      Hello everyone and Merry Christrmas from the mighty St Joe River. We had an awesome paddle today. It was brisk at 34 degrees with a partly sunny sky. We enjoyed watching about 150 sandhill cranes fly overhead. They barely flapped their wings-just cruised on the breeze and sang their lungs out. Several people stepped out and wished us a Merry Christmas from high up on the banks. See you next time ! God bless you all in the new year! Love, the Blues
    • paddlers2002
      Message 3 of 17 , Dec 25, 2013

        And a Happy New Year .Looking forward to another good year of outings with all the grest people in our group.

        THINK SNOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

        Jay & Joyce

      • paddlers2002
        Message 4 of 17 , Dec 24, 2014

           Just wanted to wish every one a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Its been another fun year of enjoying all kinds of outings with the group, sure is great to have so many people that like to get out and do things together. Joyce and I have been busy with the tree farm for the last month, ended up selling 154 trees but were done now so maybe we can plan a few more outings deppending on weather.

           Quit a few of us have been walking 3 days a week at Schoaff park at 9AM, we will be walking again friday so if any of you have the day off come join us, even with the rainy weather we had 11 walkers this morning and most of us did 5 miles

          Merry Christmas

          Jay and Joyce