Tuesdays trip

  • Jay Koontz
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      Clifford, Fred and I had a good day on the river. We paddled down
      stream a short ways to a dam, then went up stream for a while. The
      river had a strong current. We walked around one log jam them turned
      around at the next one. Not a real long trip but we paddled for a
      little over 2 hours. There are some nice parks along the river down
      stream and I hope to go back and see what its like down that way.
    • Jay Koontz
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 26 1:31 PM
        We had a good trip, after all the rain the sun came out just as we
        were ready to hit the water. There were six of us all in kayaks this
        time. We saw some wild life and like always a few gooses, don't Judge
        us on our spelling Don. We finished the paddle in about 2:20 min with
        a beautiful sun set as we arrived at Leo. Jay
      • Horney, Steve - SSD
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 26 1:39 PM
          Sounds like it turned out ok.  I wondered how many went, after the rains that day and the arrival of cooler weather.  I saw the staged car as I passed by the take-out sport shortly after 8, but no kayaks yet.  Sorry I couldn't make it, but I had a prior commitment.

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 8, 2006
            We had 11 paddlers tonight and the weather was great. We paddled for
            about 2 hr and 20 min. We even had some excitement, as we paddled
            along we heard a loud crack, didnt think much about it then we heard
            it again. I looked up and saw a very big tree moving and it was going
            right for Fred, I yelled, Fred paddled hard and the tree fell in to
            the river just missing the back of Freds boat. Louis had a chance to
            try out her new boat, a very nice red and white Eddyline. She seemed a
            little faster in it and it looked like it could haul about the same
            amount of cookies as the other boat . I guess you know what we did
            when we where done paddling, boy they were good cookies, Thanks
            louis....Jay
          • Jay Koontz
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 28, 2007
              Dan and I went Tuesday, sorry I didnt post it but when we got there
              the water was frozen, solid ice , so we had to do a little ice
              skating .THINK SNOW !!!!!!Jay
            • yakqueen64
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 28, 2007
                Ooohhh - don't tease me, Jay! My pond had a skim of ice on it, but
                probably even Callista Flockheart (spelling?!?) would have fallen
                through! I do sort of believe you about the Friday snow tho. Robin
              • Jay Koontz
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 28, 2007
                  -Robin , I guess I should have mentioned that we went to the downtown
                  ice rink, so yes we did ice skate and I did XC ski last week. I cant
                  wait till we get some snow and ice. like I always say the worst part
                  of living in indiana is the short winters and lack of snow. THINK
                  SNOW !!!!!!!... Jay -- In kayakfw@yahoogroups.com, "yakqueen64"

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 3, 2009
                    Wow, what a great evening to be on the water, it was very quiet and the
                    water was a smooth as glass except for the 15 paddlers churning it up.
                    it was nice to see a few new faces in the crowd and also a few new
                    kayaks . Like always we seemed to hang around the take out talking for a
                    while after the paddle, I think we enjoy that almost as much as we do
                    paddling......Jay .

                    PS. I was having some trouble with getting this posted, sorry if you got
                    more than one e mail from it
                  • Jay Koontz
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 16, 2009
                      Well 8 paddlers showed up to brave the storms and high winds, we were kind of disappointed the lake was mostly calm and it just sprinkled lightly for the evening. It was a neat evening to be out with just a little fog coming off the water and it was very quit on the lakes. Keith saw a Beaver way back off of martin lake, a few saw a big fish jump. Fred saw all kinds of stuff, two fish that had hair so we think they must have been either cat or dog fish , then he saw one that looked like a squirrel swimming under water. In the end it turns out Fred says he likes the new pills the doctor gave him. Stan to bad you had to leave before you heard all Fred's story's ............another good night of paddling with a great bunch of people

                      Jay
                    • Jay Koontz
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 20 7:01 PM
                        I guess it must have been good paddling weather , 14 paddlers showed up for the evening. We made a 2 hr trip up to long lake and back, just enough water to get under the bridge in the last channel. The red bud trees sure where pretty along the lake shore and lots of wild flowers blooming in the woods. Back at the take out Andy ate Fred's share of the magic cookie bars that Joyce made, and the raspberry muffins linette brought, believe me both where very good, Cousin Eddie at your share Keith and man did he do a good job of it. Rich came for his first paddle with us and I am not sure which he liked better, the paddle or the food after wards but either way we hope to see you come back out an join us again . Sandi brought a boat over for Allen to try, hey Allen if you buy that we hope to see you come paddle with us again also. Sure was great to see so many paddlers come enjoy the evening, see you next time....Jay
                      • Sandra Collins
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 20 7:40 PM
                          Thanks for ordering up such a lovely evening, Jay.  I thoroughly enjoyed it as always.  My thanks to all who helped unload and load both boats.  That sure made it easier for me!

                          Kayak "ah ha' moment #63 (or some such):  I've discovered the virtues of the headlamp for unloading boats in the dark!  Works great!

                          Allen, if you want to try the Tampico a 2nd time, let me know. Hopefully Jay will order up another awesome evening next week.

                          Sandi Collins
                          South Bend, IN
                          (574) 287-6961

                          "Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you."

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 21 5:45 AM
                            Hey Every one,

                            I just wanted to say thanks again for making the new guy feel so welcomed. You were all so very kind. And, Yes Jay...the muffins and cookies were a great treat at the end....I had to show my appreciation for the food as well...LOL. Can't wait to go again!

                            The new guy,
                            Rich
                          • Rich
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 21 7:03 AM
                              I just posted some pictures of yesterdays paddle...Had a great time...thanks again every one!

                              The new guy,
                              Rich

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 21 5:32 PM
                                Hey Rich, thanks for posting the pictures, I havent taken the time to get mine off the camera yet.......Jay