Re: [kayakfw] NEW: Monday Aug 2 11am Shoaff park

  • susanc648@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010

      I plan to be at Shoaff Park tomorrow at 11 for the kayak lessons, but don't know where it is. Could someone please give me a little direction. I looked it up on mapquest, no luck. I'll be coming from the Jefferson Point area.

      Thanks,
      Susan

      Jul 28, 2010 01:37:47 PM, kayakfw@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There has been some interest in people wanting to learn a bit about kayaking without
      >jumping into buying one until they are sure they like it.. (this should be easy)......
      >
      > I will be at Shoaff park at 11am with my extra boat for Michelle. If anyone
      >else either has an extra boat and is free Monday, please post that you can offer
      >it.
      >
      > If you are new to kayaking and don't have a boat, this is a perfect time to
      >come out and see what you have been missing all your life.
      >
      > The launch is in the back of the park by the baseball diamonds. There is a
      >link with a map on the left side of this page.
      >
      > Hopefully it doesn't rain over the weekend as this will make it hard to paddle
      >back upstream to the cars. I'm sure it will be hot, so make sure to bring more
      >water than you expect to drink.
      >
      > If anyone has any questions you can email me at crozierj AT gmail.com
      >
      > See ya there!!!
      > Jared

    • slab1.slab
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
        I just figured I would bump this post and see if anyone else is planning on coming out tomorrow?
        It should be fun.
        Jared

        --- In kayakfw@yahoogroups.com, "slab1.slab" <crozierj@...> wrote:

        > There has been some interest in people wanting to learn a bit about kayaking without jumping into buying one until they are sure they like it.. (this should be easy)......
        >
        > I will be at Shoaff park at 11am with my extra boat for Michelle. If anyone else either has an extra boat and is free Monday, please post that you can offer it.
        >
        > If you are new to kayaking and don't have a boat, this is a perfect time to come out and see what you have been missing all your life.
        >
        > The launch is in the back of the park by the baseball diamonds. There is a link with a map on the left side of this page.
        >
        > Hopefully it doesn't rain over the weekend as this will make it hard to paddle back upstream to the cars. I'm sure it will be hot, so make sure to bring more water than you expect to drink.
        >
        > If anyone has any questions you can email me at crozierj AT gmail.com
        >
        > See ya there!!!
        > Jared

      • slab1.slab
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
        • susanc648@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
            I plan to be there.

          • susanc648@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
            • slab1.slab
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
                We had 4 paddlers today. We saw a heron, a hawk, a turtle, and quite a few dragonflies along our path.

                By the time we got back everyone was ready to be done. It was pretty hot towards the end, but we had a nice breeze pushing us along.

                Overall, I think everyone had a good time and has become more comfortable with kayaking than when they got there.

                Jared
              • Michelle Meinika
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
                  Jared- Thank you so much for today. I had a great time and look forward to kayaking the St. Jo again.

                • susanc648@verizon.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
                    Thanks Jared, I had a great time! With your help, I think I finally figured out why I kept going left. I am certainly looking forward to my next time out on the water. Susan