CNC Cutting

  • scott49carroll
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      Hi,

      I am building a Redbird Canoe from the book: Canoe Craft.

      These economic times have forced me to find ways to supplement our family income. I have a 4' X 8' CNC table router that I have used to cut station forms for my Redbird canoe. I am offering this service to anyone here that is interested in having their forms or templates CNC cut. If you are interested please send me an email with CNC in the subject line and we can talk specifics off-line.

      Thanks,
      Scott Carroll
      Lakeside, CA
      scott.jane[at]cox.net
    • Tom Copp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2009
        Hi Guys,
        Kayakbuilders is a slow moving list but since you are here maybe we can kick it up a notch with some info.

        Does anyone have lofts for a boat? I am thinking about starting a boat this summer (now) and wonder if anyone has loft info for popular kayaks already? I can loft a boat in CAD, create a file and maybe start a library. I have The Strip-Built Sea Kayak book with the 3 models and I will start with the Guillemot if someone doesn't have the lofts in CAD already?

        Some background info:
        Tom Copp owner Composite Specialties. I do many prototype jobs for auto, aerospace etc. Masters, molds, parts from epoxy carbon & glass. I have access to a large envelope CNC router and of course woodworking tools so a Kayak project would be fun. I am in Costa Mesa, CA

        Thanks.