OT: How were the sounds made on 10cc's "I'm Not in Love"

  • Linda Dachtyl
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 9:47 PM
      I listened to this the other and remembered how much I liked the tune.

      How were the sounds made? Pretty impressive, considering that the tune
      was released in 1975.

      I have some synths that can make the airy vox sound I am referring to,
      but was curious as to how it was done on this particular recording.

      Linda
    • tarzan132080
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2004
        --- In kawaik3zone@yahoogroups.com, Linda Dachtyl <lindaleed@e...> wrote:
        > I listened to this the other and remembered how much I liked the tune.
        >
        > How were the sounds made? Pretty impressive, considering that the tune
        > was released in 1975.
        >
        > I have some synths that can make the airy vox sound I am referring to,
        > but was curious as to how it was done on this particular recording.
        >
        > Linda

        As I was told by another synth person on another site it was
        produced the old fashioned way by recording the lead singers voice
        over and over again up to a hundred times and adding verb, delay, etc.
        10cc used top production values and the best equipment. Thats what I
        was told anyway. - Best- Joe G.