Kawai K3 and AtariST

  • EASYCOURIER
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2003
      I have the CompuMates Kawai K3 K3POSYNTHDROID+ The Kawai K3 EDITOR
      for The Atari ST (Print a Wave - FULL LIBRARIAN EDITOR - Auto
      Programming

      This is Coprighted 1986 by CompuMates and Sold for 99.50

      What I want to know is that I got a DISK and a Small Cartige is that
      Cart for the ST or the K3 (since I see the K3 has a cart port) Im
      guessing K3 but just asking

      On a side im planning to get a K3 how good is she with midi, I know
      that the K3 is a BEAUTIFUL Keyboard and one I would love to have!!

      Great Group and Great Pictures

      Thanks Take Care

      Bryan G.
    • chromal
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2003
        Bryan,

        the Kawai K3 does indeed have a cartridge slot, normally reserved for
        the Kawai RC-2 memory cartridge. This cartridge enables a bank of
        fifty patches in addition to the internal bank of fifty. I can only
        guess that your cartridge is either an RC-2 or possibly some
        third-party RAM or ROM cartridge for the K3.

        I've had no major problems with my Kawai K3 and MIDI-- in fact, I'm
        using it as my master controller right now (with the destination
        control channel being remapped by my sequencing software). I'm not in
        a great position to say how it performs relative to other 'boards,
        though. The lack of modulation wheel is a little disappointing, though
        it responds to modulation via MIDI...

        Ben

        --- In kawaik3zone@yahoogroups.com, "EASYCOURIER" <bryan2garcia@h...>
        wrote:

        > What I want to know is that I got a DISK and a Small Cartige is that
        > Cart for the ST or the K3 (since I see the K3 has a cart port) Im
        > guessing K3 but just asking
        >
        > On a side im planning to get a K3 how good is she with midi, I know
        > that the K3 is a BEAUTIFUL Keyboard and one I would love to have!!
        >
        > Great Group and Great Pictures
        >
        > Thanks Take Care
        >
        > Bryan G.
      • EASYCOURIER
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
          Then the posibility stands that the cart might be for the ATARI ST
          since it also fits there too!

          I am yet to buy a K3 but what should I expect when buying one??

          Best Regards Bryan G.

          --- In kawaik3zone@yahoogroups.com, "chromal" <chromal.dragon@p...>
          wrote:
          > Bryan,
          >
          > the Kawai K3 does indeed have a cartridge slot, normally reserved
          for
          > the Kawai RC-2 memory cartridge. This cartridge enables a bank of
          > fifty patches in addition to the internal bank of fifty. I can only
          > guess that your cartridge is either an RC-2 or possibly some
          > third-party RAM or ROM cartridge for the K3.
          >
          > I've had no major problems with my Kawai K3 and MIDI-- in fact, I'm
          > using it as my master controller right now (with the destination
          > control channel being remapped by my sequencing software). I'm not
          in
          > a great position to say how it performs relative to other 'boards,
          > though. The lack of modulation wheel is a little disappointing,
          though
          > it responds to modulation via MIDI...
          >

          > Ben
          >

          > --- In kawaik3zone@yahoogroups.com, "EASYCOURIER"
          <bryan2garcia@h...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > What I want to know is that I got a DISK and a Small Cartige is
          that
          > > Cart for the ST or the K3 (since I see the K3 has a cart port) Im
          > > guessing K3 but just asking
          > >
          > > On a side im planning to get a K3 how good is she with midi, I
          know
          > > that the K3 is a BEAUTIFUL Keyboard and one I would love to have!!
          > >
          > > Great Group and Great Pictures
          > >
          > > Thanks Take Care
          > >
          > > Bryan G.
        • chromal
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
            Bryan, you should expect to pay a fair amount for shipping-- the K3 is
            HEAVY. Also, be careful to choose one whose contact-sheet buttons are
            completely intact. Finally, try to get with with firmware revision
            1.01 or later. I've read that v1.00 had buggy velocity mapping. I'm
            not sure what else I'd add. Anyone?

          • anyone@t-online.de
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2004
              hi,

              just downloaded a logic environment for the k3.
              problem:
              the k3 does not react to the incoming sysex data.
              I have os 1.01 on the k3.
              I can set the master edit for incoming midi date only up to menue value 5
              (although my manual says it should be possible to choose up to value 6 for
              receiving all data including sysex)

              midi channel is set correct.
              the k3 accepts programm changes aswell as volume control from logic.

              any idea?
              might my os be to old and not capable of receiving sysex at all?

              thanx for your help and suggestions

              nik