Paul Harvey and Prayer "The squeaky wheel"

  • Ronald Sibley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2005
      Blank

      Paul Harvey says:

      I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue
      somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I
      don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a

      lawyer when my high school teacher taught his theory
      of evolution.

      Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be
      endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer
      before a football game.

      So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there
      reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a
      God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the
      players on the field and the fans going home from the game.

      "But it's a Christian prayer," some will argue.

      Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country
      founded on Christian principles. According to our very
      own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others
      better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect-somebody
      chanting Hare Krishna?

      If I went to a football game in Jerusalem,
      I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.

      If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad,
      I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.

      If I went to a ping pong match in China,
      I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.

      And I wouldn't be offended.
      It wouldn't bother me one bit.

      "But what about the atheists?" is another argument.

      What about them?
      Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to
      pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If
      that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear
      plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand.
      Call your lawyer!

      Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or
      two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do.
      I don't think a short prayer at a football game is
      going to shake the world's foundations.

      Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other
      cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our
      parents and grandparents taught us to pray before
      eating; to pray before we go to sleep.

      Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Now a
      handful of people and their lawyers are telling us
      to cease praying.

      God, help us.
      And if that last sentence offends you,
      well .. just sue me.

      The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we
      let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard
      .... that the vast majority don't care what they want. It
      is time the majority rules! It's time we tell them, you don't
      have to pray; you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance;
      you don't have to believe in God or attend services that
      honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your
      right. But by golly, you are no longer going to take our
      rights away. We are fighting back ..
      and we WILL WIN!

      God bless us one and all ... especially those who denounce
      Him. God bless America, despite all her faults. She is still
      the greatest nation of all.

      God bless our service men who are fighting to protect
      our right to pray and worship God.

      May 2005 be the year the silent majority is heard
      and we put God back as the foundation of our
      families and institutions.

      Keep looking up.

      Loxi