Re: [kathyandelvis] Myrna Smith Update

  • Karine LOPES-MARTINS
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2010
      good evening June,

      Thank you for your mail about Myrna and Gordon Stoker even if it's bad news.
      Sorry for answering so late but i've spent my Halloween week-end with  my parents.
      Please, send all my prayers to Myrna and Gordon as well as their family.
      Best regards. Karine

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 15, 2010

        Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 1:54 PM
        Subject: Myrna Smith Update

        All:

        I am sad to report that Myrna's health is declining.  She sleeps most of the time.  Myrna does open her eyes, but not for long, she is very weak, &, other than an occasional  yes or no response, she does not talk.  Myrna is still getting dialysis three times a week.  Myrna now has a feeding tube inserted in her stomach - her brother approved this at the end of October.  I don't think Myrna recognizes me, but I sit & talk to her because I do believe that helps.  Myrna's friend Diane & I read her every card & note sent (address for cards is below).  Please keep Myrna in your prayers.

        As you know, we paid $5,184.00 (donated by the fans) to Canyon Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center which was Myrna's share of the money owed for her stay there from June 2010 through 10/31/10.  Canyon Oaks had notified Social Security that Myrna is now living there & her monthly SS payment should be paid directly to Canyon Oaks.  Myrna's SS payment was supposed to take care of her monthly responsibility of $1,296 to Canyon Oaks starting 11/1/10.  On Fri., I found out that SS had sent Myrna's payment to her brother's bank account & he immediately withdrew it.  Therefore, Myrna owes $1,296 to Canyon Oaks for November.  Myrna's brother, John Utley, has been taking Myrna's SS payment & using it to pay the mortgage on her house where he lives.  I told Canyon Oaks I will see what I can do to raise the money owed for November.

        To date, John has not paid any of Myrna's bills - not one cent!  Yet John continues to live in Myrna's house, he has two nice cars he drives, he plays tennis & goes out to karaoke bars.  John has money to spend on himself but will not do anything to help Myrna.

        Carole

        The address for sending cards to Myrna is:
        Myrna Smith, Room 408A
        Canyon Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
        22029 Saticoy Street
        Canoga Park, CA 91303
        USA
        Bank Account for Myrna Smith’s Medical & Care Expenses:
        Send a check - U.S. funds only
        Payable to:  Myrna Smith
        Mail to:
        Premier America Credit Union
        1776 Main Street
        Santa Monica, CA  90401-3297
        USA

          ________________________________
        This electronic message is from a law firm. It may contain confidential or privileged information. If you received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender to advise of the error and delete this transmission and any attachments.

        IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
        bcllp2010
      • June Moore
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2010
          Thanks so much for the update Sandi even if it's a very sad one. Also thanks for the address.

          June

          June Moore
          http://www.kathywestmoreland.us

          Kathy Westmoreland: Elvis' Voice of an Angel
          http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/books.html

          Follow Kathy on our blog and on Twitter
          http://kathyandjunesblog.blogspot.com/
          http://twitter.com/KathyandJune

          Walk a Mile in Their Shoes
          June Moore and Melody Sanders Bosk
          http://www.elvisrockson.net/books2.html

          For Interviews, articles, and all the
          latest news in the Elvis World
          http://www.elvisrockson.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 16, 2010
            Hello Sandi,

            Thank you so much for this sad update.
            I hope evreything is allright for you and all the other members.
            I keep Myrna in my prayers.
            Hugs. Karine.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
              hi,
              That is so sad to hear about how her brother is doing her money, instead of letting her money help with her care!!

              DAng! I just keep praying she'll get well!
              That's all anyone can do, is pray she's going to somehow be our miracle and get well!!!

              DEAR LORD, WE ASK THAT YOU KEEP YOUR HAND UPON OUR MYRNA, AND KEEP HER SAFE AND CALM! IF IT BE YOUR WILL DEAR LORD PLEASE MAKE HER WELL! WE ARE PRAYING TO YOU OUR BLESSED SAVIOR
              TO PLEASE GIVE HER TO US AGAIN! PLEASE KEEP HER STRONG AND LET HER MONEY FROM SS GO TO HER CARE LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO DO, NOT TO HER BROTHER!
              I JUST PRAY DEAR LORD THAT SOMEHOW
              YOU WILL HAVE THE MONEY FROM HER SS
              GO IN HER NURSING HOME ACCT
              INSTEAD OF HER BROTHERS ACCT. WHERE HE CAN DO AS HE WANTS WITH IT,
              WHILE SHE IS LAYING IN AGONY, AND ON DIALYSIS.  WE ARE PRAYING DEAR LORD
              TO HEAL OUR MYRNA PLEASE! GIVE US STRENGTH AND WISDOM, KEEP HER SAFE
              AND STRONG, AND OUT OF PAIN!
              IF IT BE YOUR WILL DEAR LORD, PLEASE
              LET US HAVE OUR MYRNA, BUT IF IT IS  HER TIME TO GO TO HEAVEN, WE ASK THAT
              HER JOURNEY BE AS CALM AS CAN BE.  pLEASE LET HER KNOW WE ALL LOVE HER VERY MUCH!
              IN JESUS NAME!
              AMEN!

              TLC
              CATHI

              HI MYRNA, WE LOVE YOU,
              WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU! YOU ARE OUR SWEET INSPIRATION! YOU ARE A BLESSING TO US, IN A LOT OF WAYS!
              WE ARE SENDING YOU OUR THOUGHTS,
              PRAYERS, AND STRENGTH!
              GET WELL SOON!
              GOD BLESS YOU OUR SWEET MYRNA!!
              IN JESUS NAME!!
              AMEN!!!

              CAN  YOU DO A MONEY ORDER???

              LET ME KNOW!
              CATHI
              CAN YOU HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME
              AND TELL ME HOW TO SEND SOMETHING FOR HER??
              901-672-4967