Fwd: : Recycle christmas cards...

  • jmoore475@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009

      Here's a great idea I grabbed from one of the other groups I belong too ---- it looks like this one is your's too Miss Sandi. :)

      June

      June Moore
      Kathy's Personal Assistant
      http://www.kathywestmoreland.us

      Kathy's new DVD, KATHY TALKS ABOUT ELVIS
      http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/DVDs.html

      For Interviews, articles, and all the latest news in the Elvis World
      http://www.elvisrockson.com

      Walk a Mile in Their Shoes
      By June Moore and Melody Sanders
      http://www.elvisrockson.net/walkamile.html

      From: Sandi <spichon@...>
      Subject: : Recycle christmas cards...
      To: "TCB ELVIS STYLE MEMBERS" <spichon@...>
      Date: Monday, January 5, 2009, 2:37 PM

      As you know, we save the soup labels and other labels for St. Jude's Childrens Ranch in NV...they also accept used Christmas cards. You can either send them directly to them with a note they are from TCB ELVIS STYLE or you can send to me and I'll ship. Thank you Nancy Bazajou for remnding me!!!
      Sandi

      A chance to recycle all those Christmas cards for a good cause!  Pass it on…

      http://www.stjudesranch.org/images/design_winter/header/help_card.png

      We are accepting used, all-occasion greeting cards from November 15, 2008 thru February 28, 2009. You can mail your donations to:

      St. Jude's Ranch for Children
      Card Recycling Program
      100 St. Jude's Street
      Boulder City, NV 89005

      Recycled Card Program History

      Over thirty years ago, wishing to show our donors appreciation for making St. Jude’s Ranch for Children possible, the idea was conceived for turning the previous year’s Christmas cards into "new" cards for the coming season. The recipients were so delighted with their unique "thank you," they requested the children sell them the special cards. And so, the
      St. Jude’s Ranch Recycled Card Program was born.

      Since then, the Program expanded to include all occasion greeting cards…just about anything that starts with a used greeting card front. People from all over the world have sent us their used card fronts!

      The children participate in making the new recycled cards by removing the front and attaching a new back made with recycled paper. The new card is a beautiful, “green” card made by the children and volunteers. The benefits are two-fold: customers receive "green" holiday cards for use and the children receive payment for their work and learn the benefits and importance of "going green".

      The ongoing support for the Recycled Card Program has been overwhelming! The Program grew and soon we were receiving over one million cards. We temporarily suspended the Program while we redesigned the process to more efficiently manage the increased production from the increased volume.