Blackwood Lane, cake decorations

  • jono_herrman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2010
      Hi

      Are Blackwood Lane "Fun Shapes", cake decorations kosher.

      I can't see a hechsher nor a listing in the NSW KA directory, but they appear in the middle of the kosher section at Franklins St Ives.

      There are a few varieties, the packaging for each is in a shaker with multiple sections, each section with a different shaped sprinkle.

      Made in USA, distributed via Blackwood Lane Australia, http://www.blackwoodlane.com/

      Any advice, please.
      Jono H
    • Ronny Ariel Schnapp
      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2010

        I saw these packaged Indian meals in Coles called TastyBite with a hechsher from the Indian Kosher Inspection Service (Rabbi Avraham Binyamin).

        Is this hechsher accepted by KA?

      • jono_herrman
        Message 3 of 7 , May 23, 2010
          Any response on this?

          Thanks
          Jono

          --- In kashruthauthority@yahoogroups.com, "jono_herrman" <yahoo.membr@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > Are Blackwood Lane "Fun Shapes", cake decorations kosher.
          >
          > I can't see a hechsher nor a listing in the NSW KA directory, but they appear in the middle of the kosher section at Franklins St Ives.
          >
          > There are a few varieties, the packaging for each is in a shaker with multiple sections, each section with a different shaped sprinkle.
          >
          > Made in USA, distributed via Blackwood Lane Australia, http://www.blackwoodlane.com/
          >
          > Any advice, please.
          > Jono H

        • girgee
          Message 4 of 7 , May 23, 2010
            Dear Jono,

            We have been waiting for confirmation of some information we are not yet privy to, and have not received it to date.

            As you will have seen there are a couple of products on Blackwood's website which they say are kosher certified, none of which is cake decorations. We have emailed Blackwood's to request a copy of the relevant Kashrut Certificate, but have thus far not received a response. There is a suggestion that whatever certification they have is from "CRC" in Chicago, USA. "CRC" is an acceptable hechsher for Australian consumers, but until we have the confirmations requested, we cannot issue a directive.

            We will continue our attempts to obtain the information.

            Regards,

            Girgee Barukh
            PA to Rabbi Moshe D Gutnick

            --- In kashruthauthority@yahoogroups.com, "jono_herrman" <yahoo.membr@...> wrote:

            > Any response on this?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Jono
            >
            > --- In kashruthauthority@yahoogroups.com, "jono_herrman" <yahoo.membr@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > Are Blackwood Lane "Fun Shapes", cake decorations kosher.
            > >
            > > I can't see a hechsher nor a listing in the NSW KA directory, but they appear in the middle of the kosher section at Franklins St Ives.
            > >
            > > There are a few varieties, the packaging for each is in a shaker with multiple sections, each section with a different shaped sprinkle.
            > >
            > > Made in USA, distributed via Blackwood Lane Australia, http://www.blackwoodlane.com/
            > >
            > > Any advice, please.
            > > Jono H

          • Ronny Ariel Schnapp
            Message 5 of 7 , May 24, 2010

              any more info available on this?

              i really like Indian...

              I saw these packaged Indian meals in Coles called TastyBite with a hechsher from the Indian Kosher Inspection Service (Rabbi Avraham Binyamin).

              Is this hechsher accepted by KA?

            • Aaron groner
              Message 6 of 7 , May 25, 2010

                The information provided to us by the overseas kosher agency's is that the Indian hechsher is not an accepted Hechsher.

                All the best

                Rabbi groner

                --
                All the best,

                Aaron Groner
              • Pinchos Woolstone

                  I saw these packaged Indian meals in Coles called TastyBite with a hechsher from the Indian Kosher Inspection Service (Rabbi Avraham Binyamin).

                  Is this hechsher accepted by KA?

                  --
                  All the best,

                  Aaron Groner