Re: Center for Inquiry Board to accept Paul Kurtz resignation

  • chris.heinz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
      I saw today a post somewhere that the Center For Inquiry, has just lost an anonymous $800,000/year donor, which represented 1/4 of their budget -- so they're in serious trouble. Related?

      Chris

      --- In kasesforum@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Crawford" <climb17@...> wrote:

      > <http://action.centerforinquiry.net/site/R?i=wuRiynlnaOvuJRX1L48SFw..>
      >

      > Center for Inquiry Board Statement:
      > Board to accept Paul Kurtz resignation
      >
      > Amherst, N.Y. (May 18, 2010)-The Board of Directors of the Center for
      > Inquiry, the world's leading and largest organization promoting humanism and
      > skepticism, issued the following statement today: The board will accept Dr.
      > Paul Kurtz's resignation as chairman emeritus and as a member of the board:
      >
      > The board sincerely thanks Paul Kurtz for his decades of service to the
      > Center for Inquiry and its affiliates. The board deeply respects Dr. Kurtz
      > and his work and knows that this organization will always be associated with
      > his efforts on its behalf. Dr. Kurtz founded and led our organization and
      > helped it thrive. Much of CFI's success is due to Paul Kurtz's inspiration
      > and leadership.
      >
      > Our success is also due in no small part to the efforts of CFI's dedicated
      > staff, its many skilled volunteers, and its generous financial supporters.
      > CFI has never been a one-person operation.
      >
      > At Paul Kurtz's behest, CFI began years ago to organize a leadership
      > transition. Moreover, in recent years the board had concerns about Dr.
      > Kurtz's day-to-day management of the organization. In June 2008, the board
      > appointed Dr. Ronald A. Lindsay president and CEO; in June 2009, the board
      > elected Richard Schroeder chairman, with Dr. Kurtz moving to chairman
      > emeritus. During this two-year transition, CFI continued to hold a rigorous
      > schedule of more than 110 national and international events, to develop its
      > grassroots network, and to advocate effectively for humanism and skepticism.
      >
      > As a result of this transition, CFI is well-prepared to move forward into
      > the next phase of its institutional life, confident that the organization
      > will remain at the forefront of secular humanism and skepticism.
      >

      > <http://action.centerforinquiry.net/site/PixelServer?j=EFvfX-f5FIBWFlogvb9eN
      > Q..>

    • Frank ("Sonny") Lovell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
        Holy Bankroll!  That is a HUGE loss!  Time for CFI to wine and dine Bill Gates?  -- Frank

        Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:05 PM
        Subject: [kasesforum] Re: Center for Inquiry Board to accept Paul Kurtz resignation