Stop the Moily Madness

  • Chaitanya Kumar - 350.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2014

      Dear friend,

      We need to act on this urgently. The current Government, through its constant abuse of power has put the environment and lives of millions at a grave risk. Exactly a month ago, the petroleum minister Verappa Moily was also given the joint charge of the environment ministry (MoEF). This is a massive conflict of interest where someone with a track record of protecting corporate interests is also given the task of regulating them.

      Speak out to stop this abuse of power - demand the removal of Moily

      In less than a month, Moily has managed to set the course for the country down a disastrous pathway. Without due diligence, large scale projects that impact the environment have been cleared. Moily has in fact taken an oath to clear all pending projects for approval and many more in the little time he has before the general elections.

      Why is this happening? The reasons seem quite obvious. In the run up to the big Indian elections, the Government is pandering to the growing interests of big corporates to plunder the country's natural resources. This short term approach to grab political power, under the garb of development, will have tragic long term consequences on the health and livelihood of millions of Indians.

      Stop the moily madness, demand his removal from MoEF.

      Your voice, along with thousands of others is what we need to put an end to this madness. The elections are just a few months away but we simply cannot allow Moily to continue in power even till then. The fate of many disastrous projects hangs in the balance alongside the health and safety of our fellow citizens and the environment.

      We need to make the right choice now.

      Thank you

      Chaitanya & the 350 India team

      PS: Click here to can make your own customised profile picture or graphic to share across your social networks.

      350.org is building a global movement to solve the climate crisis. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for email alerts. You can help power our work in India by getting involved locally or starting your own campaign. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here.

      To stop receiving emails from 350.org, click here.

    • Gundappa Srinivas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2014
        Yes, if this goes on India will loose all forests and agri lands, Please karmayog fight for the very important another issue, National Highways destroying precious agri lands, forests lands. The NHAI wants to build 4 lane express way near Bandipur and the other green forest zones, also in Todays Times of India, Vijaya Karnataka the NHAI wants to acquire precious agri lands upto Tamil nadu and beyond from Karnataka to expand their highway to four lanes, some lakhs will loose their agri lands, please stop it, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

        LOVE ALL SERVE ALL FORGIVE ALLĀ HELP EVER PRAYER EVER SMILE EVER
        GOD BLESS YOU

        SATCHITANANDA SAI MAHARAJ KI JAI
        Samastha Lokaas Jivas Ananta Kalaha Sathya Dharma Shanthi Prema Ahimsa Ananda Sukhino Bhavanthu

        Save Environment, Plant Trees, Recycle Products
        G.Srinivas