Expert inputs needed for Mysore City Master Plan

  • info@...
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2013
       Subject:Expert inputs needed for Mysore City Master Plan

       Main Point:Requesting experts and institutes with expertise to partner for Mysore city Master Plan

       Category of Topic:Urban Development

       Message:

      We need urban design experts to get involved in a practical way to help save Mysore using their expertise.

      Attached files give you some idea of our efforts.

      It is a crying shame that there is hardly any expertise applied to develop Comprehensive Development Plans or master plans for our urban areas. Mysore which was once a well planned city during the British time  thanks to the vision of its diwans today is on its way to become a congested city losing its old charm.

      Please also see our attempt to get the involvement of an institute in Bangalore, Institute for Human Settlement which is interested to take a look at urban planning in other parts of the world, but has no interest in Mysore which is next door.

        Regards
        Bhamy

       Additional Information 1:http://www.karmayog.org/message/upload/6268/1/Mysore Master Plan Articles Sept 6 docx.pdf

       Additional Information 1:http://www.karmayog.org/message/upload/6268/2/SOM_MMP_three_article_Nov_19_2012.pdf