CSR (2012-13) by Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd.

  • Pearl - Karmayog
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2013

      CSR by Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd.

      Sales: Rs 1830 Cr

      Profit Before Tax: Rs 904 Cr

      Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
      Source: Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. Annual Report (2012-13), Pg No: 6

      GMDC has always practised a culture of responsible
      development. We have constantly strived to reach out to the
      community in and around our areas of operations, many of which
      are situated in some of the remotest regions of the State. The
      community outreach programmes of your Company targets
      relevant areas of rural development such as health, sanitation,
      education, agriculture, micro irrigation, water harvesting and
      rural infrastructure through a participative approach. GMDC
      provides facilities of mobile dispensaries at various projects thus
      making health services accessible in these rural areas. The
      Micro Irrigation Scheme introduced by us in collaboration with
      Government implementing agencies has also been well received
      by the farmers' community. During the year under review, GMDC
      started a three year financial assistance scheme for girl students
      studying in standard eight to 12, of core zone villages. As you
      are aware, the operations of your Company are predominantly
      in the areas of Kutch where water is scarce. Focussing on this
      requirement, we have carried out water harvesting works. Year
      on year, GMDC has always attempted to shoulder its Corporate
      Social Responsibility holistically and strategically.

      Chairman: M Sahu

      Registered Office

      Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd

      132 feet - Ring Road,

      Vastrapur,

      Ahmedabad - 380052

      Tel: 079-27913501, 27913200