Re: Institutional disrepair lies at the heart of the economic breakdown

  • Sadanand Nadkarni
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2013
      Well said. But no one is suggesting what is to be done next.Apart from the Governent, there are powerful bodies like Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and several other industria; and trade organisations. Could they not suggest some urgent remedies or steps to stem the rot?e.g. No one is appealing that diesel and petrol comsumption should be reduced by EVERY ONE tb atleast 10% to help in reducing the current account deficit. No one is appealing common man not to buy Gold  except a token amount ,if religious faiths demand. No one is pleading that we should go "swadeshee" and enlighten the people which foreign goods are draining our exchanges the maximum. If we were to go for Solar energy in a big way,including the simple solar cooker, the requirement of " gas' would be drastically reduced. If we were to do this, there would be some pressure on U.S.A. and other developed countries, as their trade would be adversely affected. But I have not read any economist or intellectual strongly propagating such jdeas. Obviously, as individuals, we are not concerned- except being critical / negative  and we do not mind losing our political freedom either. SO BE IT..

      --
      With Regards,
      Dr. S.V. Nadkarni,