Campaign Update: Healthy Rivers, Happy Cities - 28th June 2013!

  • Ranjan Panda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2013
                We invite you to Healthy Mahanadi Festival

      And Launching of our state wide Citizen Driven Campaign

      Healthy Rivers, Happy Cities

      Date: 29th June 2013 - Time: 3.30 PM - Place: Aranyak Mancha, Jhaduapada, Sambalpur

      Let me first take this opportunity to thank you all very much for your constant support in the campaign build up so far.  The day has arrived and we are launching the campaign from Sambalpur.  This is to invite yet again, this time with a detailed agenda.

      We are pleased to inform you that Shri Panchahan Kanungo, Chairman of Institute of Public Finance and Policies, who is known for his concerns for Mahanadi and other rivers of Odisha, will be with us as the Chief Guest.

      Prof. Arttabandhu Mishra, Prof. Durga Prasad Nayak will join as the Guests of Honour.

      We are expecting participation of hundreds of eminent citizens of Sambalpur on the occasion where we plan to show a Citizen’s Video on Mahanadi’s pollution and take a pledge to Save Mahanadi, among other activities

      We request you to please be with us on this day, encourage us and volunteer for the event.

      Looking forward to your participation and support.

      Thanking you

      On behalf of the Citizen’s Volunteers who are building the campaign at Sambalpur

      Ranjan Panda

      Convenor, Water Initiatives Odisha

       Email: ranjanpanda@..., waterinodisha@... . Cell: +91-9437050103/+91-9937561700

      28th June 2013

      Water Initiatives Odisha (WIO) is a state level coalition of civil society organisations, farmers, academia, media and other concerned, which has been working on water, environment and climate change issues in the state for more than two decades now.