Chalo English Sikhayein

  • Farheen Peshimam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013
      Dear Friends,

      Greetings from DBM

      > Dharma Bharati Mission is an NGO working to lend a helping hand to the underpriveleged in mumbai.

      .We work with the children studying in the schools of Ambernath,Dadar,Sion,Tardeo, Govandi ,Malad,Santacruz and South Mumbai.

      We provide meals to 2000 underpriveleged children studying in Govandi .

      We run a project called Chalo English Sikhayein with the help of Volunteers in all these schools from class 5 onwards to help familiarise the students with the English language and grammer .

      All Volunteers are required to teach for only 2 hours on a saturday for a period of 12 saturdays.
      Time:11am to 1pm
      No special qualification is required.
      Orientation will be held in the first and second week of july.
      It will be for 2to 3 hours once a week to familiarize you with our organisation and provide you with the teaching modules.

      Besides this at DBM

      We provide library facilities and computer learning at our centres at Santacruz and Govandi and Trombay .

      Our attempt for youth and Women empowerment is Kaya Kalp- our Vocational Training Centres at Santacruz and Trombay and Govandi where  Certified
      Vocational Training is conducted for  Beautician,Mobile Repair,Tailoring and Computers.

      We also enroll girls for para nursing courses and Balwadi Training .

      > The aim is to transform students into technically qualified and skilled adults with an overall grooming and training to work to earn a comfortable livelihood .

      Our programme goes beyond school, and addresses the needs of these under-privileged children in their journey from adolescence to responsible men/women at work, duly qualified with technical skill, life skills, soft skills and English.

      > To know us better do see our website:dbmindia.org

       To enroll as A VOLUNTEER contact Farheen at 9819108191 or email us with ur details at dbmindia1@...

      We look foward to you all joining us in taking our mission foward.

      Kind Regards
      Farheen
      Begin with Self,Begin Small,Begin Today.
      Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone