Blue Cross hero, May 2013: Let's make kindness contagious

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2013

      Dear Friend of Thane SPCA,

      There are two kinds of heroes. Heroes who shine in the face of great adversity, who perform an amazing feat in a difficult situation. And heroes who live among us, who do their work unceremoniously, unnoticed by many of us, but who make a difference in the lives of others.

      Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

      The one thing common, we think, among our everyday animal lovers is the versatile Cloth Bag. Animals, clearly, can be rescued better with the help of cloth bags.

      Meet our Blue Cross Hero of the month of May 2013 – Makarand Desai. Computer Engineer, Lecturer of a college, donning a cloth bag and a regular feature at Thane SPCA. The animals of any area are his life. He is ready to go to any extent for them, even if it means bringing them to us in cloth bags. And distance means nothing to him. He is known to rescue animals and bring them from any corner of the district. A dog, a cat, a bird, the animal may vary, what remains constant is his cloth bag.

      And what sets him apart from others who bring animals to us is that he Never asks us to admit animals. In fact we have to force him to leave his animals in our care. “ Why should one of my animals, who I can take care of, take up space where another animal without a caretaker could be adjusted ? “

      And this is what makes him a hot favourite with our staff and us alike – his understanding of other’s limitations, something rare in today’s world.

      In this picture of him, you can see the dog whose leg was plastered by us, was taken away by him, brought regularly for check ups, was kept by him in his small office till he was ready to be released.

      Let us make kindness contagious !!!

      We are not here to be successful. We are here to be faithful.

      -Mother Teresa