Re: An Incredible Superfood: The Many Benefits of Coconut Oil

  • iyer_ga
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2013
      The case of coconut oil is more or less similar to iodized salt which has almost replaced sea water/ rock salt which we used til about3/4 decades! The author have stressed the point that iodized salt may be good to prevent the scarce goiter at the cost of higher and higher blood pressure and other ailments caused by iodized salt which is bereft of many other minerals which are present in sea salt! The survey and research associated with new inventions of food products and medicines are more business and profit oriented and also to provide possibly jobs than for preventing ailment or the goddnes of it.
      The fear and frustration created by medical fraternity and the urge exhibited to prescribe a new medicine for immediate symptomatic relief from ailment and thus promote the business ( patients, who can afford, generally believe that the costlier the medicine the better its effect) of pharmas are so irrestible and the human kind is here to test their effectiveness without considering the side effects caused which in turn promote further job and business for doctors, pharmas, researchers and inventors!

      One of my aunt died at the age of 110, lived throughout using coconust oil generously for all cooking purpose and also applying to body and head, so also all members of the family. They all lived and some are living fairly long! Are there some people cholestro (fat) resistant! In fact all deaths prior to the findings of "latest medicines" related to heart ailments were also caused by progressively narrowing blood vessels due to aging and we used to say so and so is in his bed breathing his last! Medicines certainly have advanced enough to give a lease of life to such patients may be for a few days/weeks/months or years to those who can afford! Those who cannot afford are told cleverly by the same doctors to take the patient home as paying hospital charges is a waste instead of telling that you cant afford or it is a hopeless case.

      My taste buds yearn for coconut oil but my doctor and dietician warned me against it! This is enough to curtail an happy life particularly when one is senior citizen! We are in between the devil and the sea!