Banking - Bank Account for Poor Urban Women

  • <aloket@...>
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
       Subject:Bank Account for Poor Urban Women
       Main Point:Need information on how to open account for poor urban woman
       Category of Topic:Banking
       Message:I would like to get a bank account for those working as house helps who want to keep a separate account that is not known to their husbands. Preferably, there should be no paper trail that lands up at their addresses. I know that SEWA operates these kinds of accounts for women in Ahmedabad. Is there something similar that could be opened in Mumbai? Financial inclusion for urban poor women demands that such accounts are feasible. Reply will be deeply appreciated.
       Name:A Thakore
       Location:Mumbai
       Email 1:aloket@...
      Click here to Reply