Re: Ajit Pawar: 'If no water in dam, do we urinate in it?'

  • ramakrishnan ramakrishnan
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 9, 2013
      I corroborate the statement made by Mr. Ramachandran. I wish to go a step further. Bring the entire Farmer Clan in Rural Maharashtra to Mumbai and settle them at the Government's expense, and Urine Pawar should be totally isolated from Mumbai and forced to stay at the place vacated by these farmers. Let's see if he keeps HIS WORD. Drink...his own...U......He deserves no other punishment than brandishing him like this. Such step would also be an eye opener and an apt lesson for other unscrupulous ministers, politicians, bureaucrats etc, etc. from uttering such nonsenses in future.

      C R Ramakrishnan
    • Roxanne Davur
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 9, 2013
        Never mind the stupid thoughtless comment but did you see the audience
        idjits laughing and smiling? Did one stand up and say 'that is
        enough'?..or 'stop this'?
        Like lambs to the slaughter they follow whether comments or actions-
        believe me within 5 years we will be so desperate for farmers..join up
        to adopt a farmer instead of building a second home..
        --
        Roxanne

        Terra Anima Trust
      • MD Kini
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
          Dear Vinay,

          Arrogance of power.

          The reports, “ Agitating farmer pisses Pawar off “ & “Statement blackened face of democracy : Farmer” (DNA, 8/4) show the arrogance of power of the deputy chief minister of the ruling coalition. The minister has demeaned not merely the farmers of the state, but democratic traditions of the state. Instead of offering apologies to the citizens of the state for mismanaging the water situation in the state when he was in charge of irrigation department, he has the audacity to insult the farmers with his deplorable remarks. Only his resignation or his removal would redeem the honour of Maharashtra.

          It is criminal that the water from Ujni Dam which provides water to farmers in the vicinity is being diverted to Shina Mhada Bogda, another taluka, which is 21 kilometres away for the use of sugar mills and distilleries of MLAs. Bhaiyya Deshmukh, the farmer who is on a hunger strike, should be congratulated for bringing this to the notice of the citizens of the city and state. It is sad that situation has not changed even after the Chief Minister directed the Pune district commissioner fifteen days ago to release some water to Ujni dam.

          The fact that the present coalition government has spent Rs.70,000 crore on irrigation projects without adding even one percent of water for the farmers is an indictment of the present regime. And this has happened when Agit Pawar was the irrigation minister.

          One wonders whether we are living in a democracy or autocracy in the name of the people. It is indeed true that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

          http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/1820014/report-ajit-pawar-s-statement-blackened-face-of-democracy-farmer

          With good wishes,
          M.D.Kini