Re: Ajit Pawar: 'If no water in dam, do we urinate in it?'

  • kalpana
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 9, 2013
      this can only happen in India rightly so where population is more and there is no change in the constitution as to who can be elected to designations of respect and responsibility. Winston Churchill rightly said that a day will come when our country will be ruled by fools, corruption at the highest and now  no humanity also. The only way to make Mr pawar realise his folly and the implications of his words is make him do what he is advocating.  . Let him stay in the homes as the people suffering without his fancy cars and entourage and see his tenacity. how sad and heart bleeding that an MLA should be saying this. even westerners treat us with more respect than our own country men , now India can realise why so much of brain drain is still happenning in our country, Hoardes  of Money with a percentage of Population and no a penny for basics with large number of them. wake up country men
    • ramakrishnan ramakrishnan
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 9, 2013
        I corroborate the statement made by Mr. Ramachandran. I wish to go a step further. Bring the entire Farmer Clan in Rural Maharashtra to Mumbai and settle them at the Government's expense, and Urine Pawar should be totally isolated from Mumbai and forced to stay at the place vacated by these farmers. Let's see if he keeps HIS WORD. Drink...his own...U......He deserves no other punishment than brandishing him like this. Such step would also be an eye opener and an apt lesson for other unscrupulous ministers, politicians, bureaucrats etc, etc. from uttering such nonsenses in future.

        C R Ramakrishnan
      • Roxanne Davur
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 9, 2013
          Never mind the stupid thoughtless comment but did you see the audience
          idjits laughing and smiling? Did one stand up and say 'that is
          enough'?..or 'stop this'?
          Like lambs to the slaughter they follow whether comments or actions-
          believe me within 5 years we will be so desperate for farmers..join up
          to adopt a farmer instead of building a second home..
          --
          Roxanne

          Terra Anima Trust
        • MD Kini
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
            Dear Vinay,

            Arrogance of power.

            The reports, “ Agitating farmer pisses Pawar off “ & “Statement blackened face of democracy : Farmer” (DNA, 8/4) show the arrogance of power of the deputy chief minister of the ruling coalition. The minister has demeaned not merely the farmers of the state, but democratic traditions of the state. Instead of offering apologies to the citizens of the state for mismanaging the water situation in the state when he was in charge of irrigation department, he has the audacity to insult the farmers with his deplorable remarks. Only his resignation or his removal would redeem the honour of Maharashtra.

            It is criminal that the water from Ujni Dam which provides water to farmers in the vicinity is being diverted to Shina Mhada Bogda, another taluka, which is 21 kilometres away for the use of sugar mills and distilleries of MLAs. Bhaiyya Deshmukh, the farmer who is on a hunger strike, should be congratulated for bringing this to the notice of the citizens of the city and state. It is sad that situation has not changed even after the Chief Minister directed the Pune district commissioner fifteen days ago to release some water to Ujni dam.

            The fact that the present coalition government has spent Rs.70,000 crore on irrigation projects without adding even one percent of water for the farmers is an indictment of the present regime. And this has happened when Agit Pawar was the irrigation minister.

            One wonders whether we are living in a democracy or autocracy in the name of the people. It is indeed true that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

            http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/1820014/report-ajit-pawar-s-statement-blackened-face-of-democracy-farmer

            With good wishes,
            M.D.Kini