Nation-Building Meet at New Delhi

  • Varun Arya
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      Dear Friends & Well-wishers

      For quite sometime now, a vast majority of thinking citizens have been voicing their concerns regarding the rapid degeneration of governance and politics in our country. It is hindering the real development of our nation to such an extent that unless some urgent measures are devised and put in place, the political and administrative deterioration would soon reach a point of no return. It may even lead to chaos of unthinkable proportion.

      To deliberate, discuss and arrive at a realistic time-bound action plan we have invited select well-meaning leading citizens of our country for two days Nation-Building Meet in Seminar Rooms I, II & III at India International Centre, 40, Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi during 09 AM to 05 PM on 02 and 03 March 2013. We have already received the confirmations from the following :

      01. Mr. Supratim Basu, Venture Capitalist, Mumbai

      02. Dr. J. S. Batra, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi

      03. Mr. Basant Raj Bhandari, Former Principal Adviser, International Trade Centre, UNCTAD/WTO, Office of the United Nations, Geneva

      04. Mr. Sidhraj Bhandari, Former Chancellor, Jain Vishva Bharati University, Rajasthan

      05. Mr. T. N. Chaturvedi, Former Governor, Karnataka

      06. Dr. Purnendu Ghosh, Executive Director, Birla Institute of Scientific Research, Jaipur, Rajasthan

      07. Prof. Shashi K. Gulhati, Formerly Dean, IIT Delhi and Managing Director, Educational Consultants India Ltd.

      08. Mr. Darshak Hathi, State Head – Rajasthan, The Art of Living India

      09. Prof. P. V. Indiresan, Former Director, IIT Madras

      10. Mr. Heer Singh Jasol, Chairman, Rawal Amaresh Institute of Land & Human Resources Development, Jodhpur

      11. Mr. Kanan V. Jaswal, Social Activist, Noida

      12. Lt. Gen. Raj Kadyan, Formerly Deputy Chief of the Indian Army, New Delhi

      13. Mr. Veeresh Malik, Senior Journalist and RTI Activist, New Delhi

      14. Mr. T. S. Krishna Murthy, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India*

      15. Mr. N. M. Mohnot, Managing Director, Steelco Gujarat Limited, Bharuch, Gujarat*

      16. Mr. Kanwal K. Muthu, President, Corporate Consultancy Services, Gurgaon

      17. Lt. Gen. Surinder Nath, PVSM, AVSM, Former Chairman, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi

      18. Ms. Seetha Parthasarathy, Senior Journalist & Author, New Delhi

      19. Swami Ramdev, Chief Mentor & Yog Guru, Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar

      20. Mr. D. S. K. Rao, Global IT & Innovation Consultant, Hyderabad

      21. Mr. Chengal Reddy, Farmers’ Activist, Hyderabad

      22. Maj. Gen. Vinod Saighal, Convenor, Movement for Restoration of Good Governance, New Delhi

      23. Mr. Vijay K. Saluja, Former President, IIT Delhi Alumni Association

      24. Mr. Rajan Sanghi, Managing Director, Sanghi Transports Limited, Jaipur, Rajasthan

      25. Mr. Inder Sharma, Chairman, Select Group, New Delhi

      26. Mr. Sarvesh Sharma, Social Activist

      27. Mr. Anil Shinde, Convenor, Farmers Movement – Maharashtra, Mumbai

      28. Mr. K. Natwar Singh, Former Union Minister, New Delhi

      29. Mr. Manmohan Singh, Indian Administrative Service (Retired)

      30. Mr. Anupam Srivastava, Senior Journalist & Social Activist

      31. Mr. T. S. R. Subramanian, Former Cabinet Secretary, Government of India

      32. Swami Om Poorna Swatantra, New World Movement, Distt. Churu, Rajasthan

      33. Mr. Anant Trivedi, Social Activist, New Delhi

      * To reconfirm

      If you sincerely think you can and would like to add value to this noble endeavour in our national interest then please advise soonest so that we can confirm your participation. Please note that this is not a conference, nor a seminar and not a workshop. It is serious brain-storming, deliberations and discussions event to arrive at action plan for rebuilding our nation. In view of the limitations of the venue and also to make the event truly effective, we can have only 60 participants (in addition to the above confirmed invitees) on first-come-first served basis. This event is being organised with the support of some well-meaning individuals and organisations and hence there is no participation fee.

      Thanks and best regards

      Justice D. S. Tewatia, Chairperson
      Formerly Chief Justice, Punjab & Haryana High Court and Calcutta High Court

      Prof. Varun Arya
      Member, IIM Ahmedabad Society & Formerly President, IIT Delhi Alumni Association
      Mobile : 0-94141-36500, E-mail : aryav@..., Fax : 0291-2707700

      Secretariat
      Care of Mr. Justice D. S. Tewatia, A-27/15, DLF Qutab Enclave Phase – I
      Behind Hotel Bristol, Gurgaon 122 001, Haryana, India