Re: Should companies get tax benefits for doing CSR?

  • Binty
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2013
      I can agree to one thing only and that is, President’s secretariat’s involvement in public service through CSR contribution – monitoring of implementation of CSR activity independent of the control of corporate.

      There is also a talk about taxing of CSR funds/expense. This is not a sound thinking as the philanthropy must be kept outside the state’s pie.

      Further, it will be a sound thinking to utilise CSR funds for reducing subsidies on LPG Cylinders and Public Distribution of Food Grains among BPL Cardholders with Aadhar base of UID.

      G. C. Mathur
      Convenor-Trustee Treasurer, Binty,
      ( A Voluntary Consumer Organisation)
      Regd. Office: H No 9-B/9, 1st Floor,