My Bad Experience with M.T.N.L., Mumbai

  • Bharat
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2012
      Normally I am not the one to crib but during last two months my experience from insensitive M.T.N.L. has shaken my faith in this organisation.......
      (1) I have a combo-broadband connection and the internet connectivity went 'dead' on 22.10.12[Complaint no.2281],I sought online help from 1504 but they were unable to help,the next day I again tried and they recorded my complaint[8846],I was asked to contact Samata Nagar telephone exchange- I was directed from one number to another without any tangible solution....next day was Vijay Dashmi so it was not set right.Again complaint on 25-10-2012, given another docket no 8118!In the mean time I even spoke to one GM of MTNL as well as Supervisor also, again a complaint on 26-10-2012 and another docket number 9709. A person cameto my home from Samata Nagar telephone exchange to check my connectivity and according to him my Modem was defective!!When I inquired from the exchange about replacement of modem,I was told that there was some problem in the exchange...!!! Finally someone whom M.T.N.L. had hired informed me that there was some problem in the exchange and he would set it right and finally my internet started working on 27-10-2012 after 5 days.But the way I was shunted around was an experience in itself.
      (2) I have a Dolphin Mobile connection and for convenience sake I had made through E.C.S. and on my bills it is mentioned that the bill is for information only but to my utter surprise my mobile service was suspended on 22-11-2012 and when I inquired I was told that it is because I have not paid my bills!I paid by cash on 23-11-2012 and thereafter my mobile service was restored.
      I have sent mails to  M.T.N.L. but have not received any reply till date..............
    • Dr. NC Jain
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
        In my opinion, you should surrender MTNL connection and go for a private agency like Tataphoton,Reliance etc. In this world of competition, one should not go to the Govt agency rather go to private agency. They charge but they also provide services like Airtell etc
        DR N C Jain
        28-11-12
      • Bankim Gor
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2012
          My experience with MTNL is most satisfying. Any problem with regard to either landline or broadband is solved within 24 hours. They have improved a lot after competition has started.
          As against this, my complaints with Tata Teleservices and Vodafone are pending for the last 15 days and what I have got is a computer generated acknowledgement.

          I had Reliance wireless broadband which gave a speed of 100 to 200 kbps and not even 256kb which by TRAI standard can be called a broadband. Nothing happened inspite of my complaits upto Mr. Anil Ambani, Chairman and the Independent Directors of Rel. commu. and TRAI and I had to surrender my connection. Rs.1600/- paid for wirelessdatacard is a waste and I had to donate that to Mr. Ambani!
          Same is the case with TATA photon. It is just giving a speed of  around 300kbps as against their promise of minimum 2mb.

          Bankim P. Gor

          Rustomjee's OZone, Flat # 1402, Tower # 6,
          Off Link Road, Opposite InOrbit Mall,
          Goregaon (W), Mumbai-400 062.
          Ph. 2876 8945. Cell- 98336 04301.