War Debt owed by England to India/.

  • swarnkar_cp
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
      I have come to know through some source that at the conclusion of World War II Englan Owed to India huge sum 0f money as debt. This has never been paid and no body has ever followed it up. I do not know what is the truth. If some body can enlighten m,e, I shall be obliged.

      CPS
    • Arvind
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2011
        If I remember correctly, it came in the statement made
        by C.D.Deshmukh, the first Finance Minister of Independent
        India, in the Parliament that the British had left Rs400
        crores in the Indian Reserve Bank to run our country of then
        350m population. This was the honesty, generocity and gentleman-
        liness of Church of England, the white race and Royalty that
        ruled India for 250 years.

        The British never let the world know that some 150,000 Indian soldiers (mostly Hindus)were killed in the World War II caused
        by European Christians.

        AP
        p.s. you may forward to all.

        --,