The future of cities

  • xavier louis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 3:46 AM
      Our Cities Are India’s Future is a saying that is very true. Many of our learned elders have rightly pointed out, successful urban development represents India’s best opportunity to maintain its current economic momentum and to achieve a prosperous dynamic future. Surely employment and business opportunities are the main factors that attract people to urban areas. To facilitate this demographic change, cities should be people-friendly, keeping in mind that accommodation is made available at affordable prices and no open spaces are encroached upon. The fact that nearly one-third of India’s population live in cities and slums proliferating, open spaces and parks should be closely guarded and strict vigil should be maintained to keep away those trespassing. The haphazard growth of cities will not only harm those already staying there for decades but will be a scourge to those intend settling.

      Xavier Louis,
      1/225 St. Andrew’s Road, Bandra, Mumbai-50