Re: Dignity chief caught for illegal transfer from 89-yr-old's fund

  • mohan siroya
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
      " DIGNITY CHIEF CAUGHT FOR ILLEGAL TRANSFER FROM 89 YR. OLD'S FUND". ( FRONT PAGE HEADLINE OF MUMBAI MIRROR NEWSPAPER DT. 2 JUNE. 2010)

      I need not mention name as you are all aware who is the Chief of Dignity Foundation and so far how seniors/elders believed in their sincerity and service. For details just go thru' the paper.

      But what is shocking to me as a humble well wisher/ advisor of my senior colleagues ,is the betrayal of faith( was it blind faith?) the helpless/ needy seniors put in the work of Foundation and its Office
      bearers.

      After this , I feel all seniors/ elders silvers should only believe in themselves ,their own efforts . If that fails then JUST PRAY,only God will help. But don't believe in any outsider blindly.

      But other side of the coin is , ALL IS YET NOT LOST. There may be other selfless, real , sincere and genuine persons /organisations left who may be relied upon. Or otherwise, all active /rational and sincere elders must create such a reliable and safety umbrella. So let us not feel disappointed or frustrated.

      Mohan Siroya
    • kaveetaa kaul
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
        Yes Mohan ji..read it this morning. A certain numbness has set in, which I confess is dangerous because nothing shocks you any more.

        Immediately the question arises..Who in God's name do you trust?

        Answer: YOURSELF..that is all. You are your own keeper, the world out there is just waiting to GET you..may it be brother, sister, husband, son, friend, organisation. It all begins in the family and keeps getting macro. But the bottom line is that today we are a nation/world of betrayers, without any twinge of guilt!!

        Kaveetaa Kaul
        http://sachiniti.wordpress.com
      • mohan siroya
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
          Thanks Kavita !

          In Hindi , this is called RAKSHAK BHAKSHAK HO GAYE HAIN.

          Regards

          Mohan
        • xavier louis
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
            The chief of the foundation is squarely to blame and her passing on the buck to those representing the NGO will not be acceptable. Those who were associated with this NGO had, in the past, objected to the bringing up of a posh Home at Nerul which only the rich could afford. Members had objected to this Home since it will be out of the reach for the ordinary man.

            Xavier Louis,
            2640 5243
          • roopashri sinha
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
              Dear Karmayog members and team

              It is shocking to hear responses from civil society about Dignity Chief Dr. Sheilu Sreenivasan, but also very revealing about our own ficklemindedness. we are ready to believe anything bad about an NGO in a minute, even though we must have seen read about the NGOs work for years. I had interacted with Sheilu, several years ago when I was heading another organisation and had seen her motivation and dedication for the cause of senior citizens, at a time when the organisation was struggling to find funds.

              I am not blaming people to reacting to expose of corruption and exploitation but I hoped that people would respond with more restraint, seek full details and even a clarification from Dr. Sheilu, even if it is in a limited way through Karmayog, which is so close to NGOs.

              Thank you

              Roopashri Sinha

            • dino800m@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
                One modus operandi for fund-raising by Dignity Foundation has been to
                persuade elderly people (especially those having no near relatives) to
                bequeath their property and financial assets to Dignity in their will.

                Maybe they forgot that Parsis tend to live long and then lost patience.

                Very sad state of affairs.
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2010
                  William D’Souza’s flat was taken over by the family of a Dignity Foundation member, allegedly in cahoots with his nurse who forced him into a marriage to usurp his property ..........Bapu Deedwania June 07, 2010 Mumbai Mirror

                  The recent sale of a plush 2,200 sq ft carpet area flat in the tony Il Palazzo building at Malabar Hill, has once again raised concerns about the dubious relationship between senior citizens and organisations that pledge to support them.

                      The flat, sold for nearly Rs 14.80 crore .. was the centre of a bitter and protracted legal battle between the heirs of the deceased owner, former assistant commissioner of police William D'Souza and others who were allegedly helped by representatives of Dignity Foundation to stake their claim. A month ago consent terms were filed in the High Court by the contesting parties while D’Souza’s brother Aloysius had even moved the HC claiming to be the legal heir. While several parties locked in the dispute have now benefitted from the sale, the owner, who died in 2000, was not even granted the dignity of spending his remaining days in his own house on his terms. He was allegedly forced into a marriage with his caretaker and had to watch his home being taken over by the family of the Dignity Foundation member, who was deputed to help him.