Onslought of propoganda ads by the collector of Mumbai

  • mohan siroya
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009

                                                       Luring voters with false promises

            Everyday, Mumbai newspapers are flashing an ad strip issued by the Collectorate Mumbai, exorting the voters  with tagline
             "Get voter ID card within  a week" either by applying on line or by contacting voter's  helpline 1290.
               As, I had applied for  new ID card with my changed address and photo  submitted as back as on 29 July 09 and recd. an ack.
              The Electoral registration Officer  had told that someone from the office will soon visit us for verification and the card may get
              isssued within a month. None of the abo ve happened. So, when I contacted  1290 (Voter helpline) ,the responder gave
              me a mobile no of the concerned person ( Mr Gangurde) . When contacted , he maintained that the issue of card will further
              take one month . If that is so , why luring the citizens with this ad blitzkerg of false promise of getting ID Card within a week?
               Or is it applicable for only online applicants and not those who spent their time to personally  go and submit an application
              with proof of photo to the electoral officer ?

           I would like to know the experience of other voters.

          Mohan Siroya

      One blink is all it takes for the world to change. One click and MSN India helps you catch up Try it!
    • DELTA SCIENTIFIC
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
        Dear All,

        The collectors office has been advertising these voter registration gimmicks for over a year now. I have registered my son twice and both times nothing has happened. Imagine I have even provided them with his Birth Certificate ( born in mumbai) and PAN card.  Everytime they tellme that I must register again.  Quite honestly my son has given up and I am at a loss to justify his registering.

        It is quite obvious that the Marathi speaking  persons in the collectors office do not want to register naes that do not , obviously appear to belong to Marathi speaking maharashtrians.   My office personel , who are all   Marathi speaking Maharashtrians have had no difficulty.  What other conclusion can I draw?

         I guess for us Sindhis it is time for yet another migration.

        Regards,
        Amar Madnani