Re: How to Start a Support Group

    Message 1 of 75 , Mar 31, 2008

      Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 12:57 PM
      Subject: RE: How to Start a Support Group

      Dear Vinay,

      I am a pass-out from Tata Institute of Social Sciences where we did have a database of support groups.

      Support groups operate in two ways-

      1. Either they are initiatives of an NGO
      2. Or a group begins through like-minded people getting together and then registers itself as an NGO

      Thus, colleges mostly only provide info of these groups to people that too only if the support group registers itself with the college.

      What you propose would require the willingness of these support groups/ NGOs.

      Having a database of support groups is a very good idea so that people wanting to join in just have to click and get the information.

      regards,
      Ruchita

      From: karmayog.org
      Hi Ruchita,
      Thanks.
      I am curious why every college that offers social work courses does not act as a centre for all sorts of support groups.

      It would seem to be very useful for their students (for projects, learnings, etc.) and faculty also.

      I would love to work with a college open to this idea.

      What is your opinion?
      Vinay

      Message 75 of 75 , Apr 10, 2008
        From: ketna

        Nina Foundation is a Trust and we have a support group for people with spinal cord injury, we also have a publication one world voice of paraplegics

        Rgds

        Ketna mehta

        Nina foundation

        240-/11 shankar sadan