Providing solar light in remote village

  • susant
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      Leaves

      Sub:-Providing solar light in remotevillage of Mugunaguda under Doleiguda G.P of semiliguda Block koraput orissa

      Sir,

      We have the immense pleasure to bring your kind notice that the village Mugnaguda under Doleiguda G.P in semiliguda  Block of Koraput Dist. is situated at 2 K.M.s away from NH-43 consisting  37 houses belonging to “KANDHA” community which comes under S.T. Category.

      Whereas, earlier the X.I.M, Bhubaneswar (CENDERET, Jeypore) proposed to under-take electrification of the aforesaid village in consultation with SOUTH CO and derived to conclusion that the estimate cost to ensure power supply to the said village is round about Rs.15 lacs. i.e., extension of polls, transformer, wiring etc. it may cost Rs.3 to Rs.4 lacs expansible if the lighting facilities supplied through usual solar system and whereas by suing modern technology we have succeeded to ensure power supply through solar system with little cost of Rs.65,550/-. We also earned good reputation in the locality for extending individual lighting system to all 37 dwelling houses there. We have also under-take to provide one year warrantee for any disruption. Dr. Giridhar Gomango Hon’ble M.P., Koraput Parliamentary Constituency has been pleased to inaugurate the above Solar project on 14-12-2007 . He also expressed his pleasure with much fan fare and to implement in other needy areas where there is no power supply by SOUTH CO., there is no element of huge expenditure in installing polls besides other expenses such as wiring etc. if encouraged, we shall under-take to cover other villages even though situated in interior, inaccessible hilly areas with a little cost. If this facility is extended to other restoring for K.Oil lamping system and above all there will be no fear of involving installation theft. This will be more beneficial to the villagers where there is no power supply and no prospect of ensuring power supply.

      We are anxiously looking forward with an ardent hope that your esteemed good self shall encourage us to serve in other villages in similar manner.

      With kind regards.

      Yours faithfully

      SUSANT KUMAR NAYAK

      BNK ENERGY ALTERNATIVES

      Delhi

      9437033269

      sk_nayak1977@...

    • R. Santhanam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008

        Dear Mr S Nayak,

        perhaps this technologyoffer of an efficient lighting based on LED even better than CFL might interest you:

        Santhanam R.
        New Delhi
        Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:17:56 -0800 (PST)
        From: kama krishna < kamakoty1@...>
        Subject: Solar based LED Lighting Systems (Rs. 3,500/$88) for replacing kerosene lamps
        To: rsanthanam_delhi@...

        Dear Mr. Santhanam:

        We are two IITians implementing solar LED lighting to replace kerosene lamps.

        Below is a brief outline of our LED lighting project.  I look forward to a long-term working relationship with you all.

        Thank you for your interest about GRAMEEN SURYA BIJLEE's (GSB) solar energy lighting project in Asia using LED technology.

        Our website is http://www.suryabijlee.com/

        Some of the highlights are as follows:

        - we are focused on the half a billion people (approx. 100 million households) in India who use 5 - 10 liters per month of kerosene for home lighting, which generates 15 - 30 million tonnes of CO2 per year; The Govt. of India loses $15 billion per year in kerosene & LPG subsidy.  Almost 1.6 billion people in the world use kerosene. http://www.ifc.org/led
        - we offer both off-grid solar (12V DC) and on-grid (220V/110V AC) LED lighting systems (solid-state lighting); http://www.netl.doe.gov/ssl/

        - off-grid system includes a solar panel based LED, - home lighting (2 LED lamps) & street lighting systems using 12V DC, sealed lead acid batteries with charge controllers

        - the complete off-grid system costs $88/Rs. 3,500 and $300/Rs. 12,000 respectively, (less than half the cost of comparative CFL lighting sytems in the market); its plug&play with almost zero maintenance except changing the battery
        - we have more than (off-grid solar) 9,000 installations in India & Nepal for home lighting, and 400 for street lighting

        - on-grid system is an equivalent LED bulb for the 220V AC grid system to replace incandescent & CFL lamps/bulbs to save on cost & power consumption

        - LED bulbs are efficient (7W, compared to 11W CFL's and 60W incandescent bulbs); & long lasting (20 years - 50,000 to 100,000 hours compared to 5,000-8,000 for CFL, & 1,000 hours for incandescent bulbs)

        - we are working closely with the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) to reduce the power consumption of LED bulbs, & also working on charge controllers to generate patents

        - our marketing strategy is to work closely with the Govt of India (GOI), especially the MNRE (Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, previously MNES)  and we have obtained certification of our lighting system from MNRE

        - Certification of our product allows different departments, (especially rural, tribal, forest & power - development) of various states (30) in India to procure our systems for rural electrification
        - simultaneously we provide micro-credit for financing the systems in collaboration with SHGs (Self-Help Groups or Women's Co-operatives) & Micro-finance groups affiliated with NABARD, top ten Indian nationalised banks, NGOs, private foundations, NRIs and high net worth individuals
        - GSBs focus is on product development, and use distribution channels by leveraging the core competencies of our end-to-end supply chain partners as mentioned above

        - Surya Bijlee is run by seasoned professionals with proven track records in their respective careers, and who are alumni of IIT Kharagpur, 1985 batch

        - in summary we have a proven product in the field, proven marketing & distribution model, and huge market demand
        - we believe India can replicate its success in IT (Information Technology) in the area of RE (Renewable Energy), and become the beacon for all developing countries looking for a solution to the current energy crisis

        Thank you for your interest and we would be delighted to show you a demonstration of our product at your convenience to you and your network of partners.

        The World Bank is encouraging India to set aside some reserves to help fund infrastructure development. But officials say this is not a panacea for the country's funding needs. As for access to private capital, Dhanendra Kumar, India's representative on the Bank's board, says private capital does not get attracted to the pro-poor programs.' He says that
        'while we are all together in supporting Sub-Saharan Africa as priority number one, the fact remains that the number of poor living below $1 a day in India is almost equal to the number in Sub-Saharan Africa – 300 million.' …" [The Financial Times (UK)]

        Best regards

        Kama Krishna

        + 91 98 7141 8639
        http://www.suryabijlee.com/

        Jasjeet Singh Chaddah
        jasjeet.chaddah@...
        + 91 98 2108 3689
        + 91 22 2637 5370 / fax 5372

      • PROF SUNDERLALL DHINGRA
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
          Great!

          We are interested to solar light up a three Kms Rural Super Model Road
          connecting two villages inElephanta Island of Gateway of India. It It
          should be with sensors so tha day-time it's automatically off.The road will
          be of utmost tourist attraction cum Dream Road and venture of PTA,IIT
          Bombay under NRRDA/PMGSY.

          Looking forward to your suggestions .

          With best wishes and warm compliments,
          Sincerely,
          dhingra
          Dr S. L Dhingra
          Prof.(Retd.) of Transportation Systems Engg &
          Emeritus Fellow of IIT Bombay
          Civil Engineering Department
          Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
          Powai,Mumbai-400 076,India