Re: Pl suggest systemic changes in Govt. procedures to reduce Corruption

  • Karmayog.org
    Message 1 of 103 , Mar 2 12:44 AM
      From: ~rAjOo~
      Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 2:04 PM
      Subject: Re: Pl suggest systemic changes in Govt. procedures to reduce Corruption

      Hi Vinay:

      My input is that ACB also cover semi-central government organizations, especially in Bombay, prime examples of which are Export Promotion Council, most of these are very badly managed, bogged down by corruption, favoritism and nepotism.

      The other area are the city colleges, eg. Jai Hind College, Hinduja College, etc. where Principals themselves are directly involved in taking bribes, even from needy students.

      [ Thanks.

      1. Semi-central govt orgs must be coming under some anti-corruption body e.g. CBI. I can find out if useful for you.

      2. Pl advise some specific (but generic) instances where all EPC extracts money from exporters.

      3. The accusation against principals of city colleges is severe. Do you know any students or ex-students who will come forward to vouch for this via their own experiences?

      Vinay]
    • karmayog
      Message 103 of 103 , Feb 28, 2007
        1. Are you in contact with anyone in Transparency Int'l in Delhi?
        2. There is a seminar pertaining to corruption in Ahmedabad on April 11 - 12. Are you attending that?
        3. Before planning any Workshop, I think you should meet with ACB, 2-3 RTI activists in Mumbai, 1-2 anti-corruption NGOs in Mumbai, etc. I would be happy to organise those.
        Pl revert.
        Vinay