DailyGood: 49 Up: Ongoing Portraits of Life

  • CharityFocus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing. -- Willliam Butler Yeats

      ~~~~
      Fact of the Day:
      "49 Up" is the latest installment in Michael Apted's long-running 'Up' Series. In 1964, Apted began this documentary project with an intriguing concept: he interviewed 14 British children, all age seven, representing diverse classes and backgrounds. Then, at seven year intervals, for the remainder of the century, he would seek out those same 14 people and spend a day catching up with them. Together, Apted's films represent an extraordinary look at the structure of life in the 20th century. The subjects lives indirectly prompt viewers to examine how their own personalities and perspectives have changed with time. Noted film critic Roger Ebert calls the series, "an inspired, almost noble use of the film medium. Apted penetrates to the central mystery of life."
      http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=2853

      ~~~~
      Be The Change:
      Ask a friend to reflect on the last seven years of their life and together explore their growth and happiness.

      **Share A Reflection**
      http://www.dailygood.org/view.php?qid=2853