Re:who pays for late pizzas?

  • R. Santhanam
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006

      I agree with this "Gandhigiri" approach!

      Sincerely,
      R. Santhanam

    • vinay somani
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Subject: who pays for late pizzas?
        From: "A.V.Shenoy" <av_shenoy@...>
        Date: Thu, November 30, 2006 10:06 pm
        To: "karmayog"
        Cc: "CGSI" <cgsibom@...>

        One of the major problems due to this ad is that the delivery boys drive
        recklessly to ensure delivery in specified time which can result in
        accidents.

        This issue was discussed in Road Safety Committee meeting headed by
        Collector of Mumbai (City) 2 months back. As decided in the meeting CGSI
        has written to Advertising Council of India to withdraw this ad.

        A.V.Shenoy
        Member, Civic Affairs Committee
        Consumer Guidance Society of India

        11. who pays for late pizzas?
        Posted by: "chris@..." chris@...
        fernandes_c48 Date: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:36 pm ((PST))

        I hv recd this fwd mail. Is it possible to verify whether this is true?

        Chris Fernandes

        "PIZZAS that kill!!!

        Recently in The Times of India there was an article / advertisement
        about Pizza delivery Companies which guarantees you free pizza if they
        fail to deliver within the specified time (like 30 minutes). Have you
        ever wondered who pays for the free pizzas?? Well, the delivery boy is
        made to pay for the pizza. They are paid such low wages and the price
        of the pizza is deducted from their monthly wages which can amount to
        upto 60% in some months (It becomes difficult to run their family). To
        deliver the pizzas the delivery boys take high traffic risks as
        delivery becomes their priority. Their life and safety risks are
        neither looked into by the Pizza Shop Management nor the Pizza Delivery
        Boy himself. (They are more concerned to avoid the deduction from their
        salary).

        If this type of exploitation is carried on in your city┬┤s pizza
        logistics we should stop availing the home delivery system, because to
        deliver our pizza one person may be risking his life. Is the life of an
        Indian citizen so cheap and of no value? In case he is late in
        delivering the pizza, we are enjoying the free pizza at the hard earned
        money of a poor delivery boy. Is it fair or right on our part to do it?
        Messages in this topic (1)
      • vibha krishnamurthi
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          I really appreciate the article on "who pays for late
          pizzas?". i think this should serve as an eye opener
          to all the pizza lovers that at times they are
          enjoying a pizza at some poor guy's cost(money) or at
          times even at the cost of his life.

          Please spread the word around.

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
        • Sid Mehta
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            who pays for late pizzas?

            This system has existed in America for decades. If there was really
            pressure on just the drivers and no one else to deliver in time, Pizza
            Hut would have gotten their ass sued off. The whole SYSTEM and METHOD
            of pizza production they use is geared so that a pizza gets delivered in
            time. I am sure there must be a specified time frame given to the
            drivers in which they can deliver the Pizza at normal speeds. If the
            Pizza is given later than the specified time frame the driver would not
            need to pay. This whole Pizza thing is probably a non-issue.
            Siddharth

            --

            Tel +91 (22) + 2352 0968 or 6660 3222
            Fax +91 (22) + 2351 6881