Volunteer avbl

  • Karmayog.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hello, I am a Rotarian living in Los Angeles, California for the past 26 years. I was born in Bombay.
       My mother is looking to give her time as a volunteer. She stayed in the US for the past 20 years. My father died early this year & my mother just moved back to Bombay/Poona where she wants to give more of herself. I would like more details about the Mother & Child care unit. It is the kind of thing she may be interested in. She is 69 yrs old.

      Ray Rangwala
      Rotarian
      Glendale Sunrise Rotary Club
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
        From: Mano NTU
        Mano NTU <mano_ex11@...>

        Dear Sir/Mdm,

        I am a student from an overseas university in Singapore. I am currently on an exchange programme in a university here in Ahmedabad, Mudra Institute of Communications.

        I am on a scholarship here and my scholarship requires me to be involved in some form of community service or volunteering work.

        Instead of getting involved in the usual, mundane community work, I wanted to be part of a programme, as a volunteer, that would really allow me to learn more about India, its people and its culture, that I can share with my friends and fellow volunteers back in Singapore.

        I would like to know what kind of volunteering opportunities you might have for me.

        I am a communications undergraduate, so I do have skills in writing, reporting, public speaking and presentation.

        I am also a trained theatre actor back in Singapore.

        I can speak English and Tamil fluently. However, I do have to admit I cannot converse or understand Hindi, which might inhibit me from being part of some programmes.

        I would really love if you can give me a chance to really do some ground-work, or research work where I get to communicate and talk to underprivileged children or people and get to understand their way of living or their problems. I would be more than willing and delighted to help in any way I can.

        I am willing to travel at my own expenses (food, accommodation and travel), should the need arise for that, even to places outside of Gujarat, like perhaps Tamil Nadu, where perhaps my fluency in Tamil would enable me to communicate with the people over there better.

        I look forward to hearing from you soon and I am really hoping for a meaningful and fruitful volunteering opportunity with you.

        Thank you.

        With Warmest Regards,
        Mano