One looming disaster in Mumbai

  • info@karmayog.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      one aspect where immediate attentiion of BMC is needed

      The water mains at various places supplying water to the city have been
      burried under debris and at some places hutments, shops and car garages
      have cropped up on them .

      If by accident, the water main bursts than thousands people living nearby
      will risk their life & proprty as the diameter of the water mains are of 8
      feet , 6 feet & 4 feet. One can imagine the pressure of water these water
      mains carry.

      With self explainatory photos I have made submission to the Comm. & Addl
      Comm in charge of water mains at BMC and also received a letter from Chief
      Hy Eng on 26th March 2003 stating that debris will be cleared and water
      mains will be kept clean -- I am still pursuing the matter with the BMC
      authorities with no result!!!.

      I wonder whether karmyog will be able to take up this issue with the BMC.

      Regards
      Vijay Sarda
      986901-5161 2240-5161.
      vksarda@...

      [We can try. Pl send the copies of your letters and photographs. Our address
      is in the Contact Us in www.karmayog.org .

      Can you or someone else estimate the extent of damage (loss of lives and
      property; extent of geographical area covered; loss of water supply, etc.)
      and what would it take (including costs) to fix it after the catastrophe
      occurs?

      Vinay]