95248PATH Article - Cops clear Kurla roads of illegally-parked vehicles

  • info@...
    Apr 15, 2014
      http://www.karmayog.in/traffic/article/cops-clear-kurla-roads-illegally-parked-vehicles

      Top cops intervene to get illegally parked vehicles in Kurla removed

      It took the intervention of two high-ranking police officers to remove
      illegal parking on three major footpaths and roads of Kurla. The residents of
      the area had to wait for almost two months to get this relief. After
      inspector general of police Sanjay Pande and joint commissioner of police
      (traffic) Bhushan Kumar Upadhyay intervened, traffic police of the area
      removed the vehicles which were illegally parked on CST road, Premier road,
      and LBS Marg and Kale Marg of Kurla.

      Derrel Fernandes, a Kurla resident, said that he had been repeatedly
      complaining to the L-ward officials and the traffic police about the menace
      for the past two months, but his complaints fell on deaf ears.

      "We had initially written to the L-ward officials, following which the
      complaint was transferred to the traffic police department. Since the
      vehicles were always lined up on the roads and footpaths, the civic body
      couldn't carry out the basic cleaning of the roads, and this made the whole
      area dirty," said Fernandes.

      "Due to this problem, there was always huge traffic congestion on the roads,"
      added Fernandes.

      However, residents were caught by surprise to see traffic officials clear all
      the three footpaths and the roads on Tuesday afternoon.

      Upadhyay said, "It takes sometime for us to act after we receive a complain.
      Moreover, many of our staff were busy with he election work. However,
      yesterday, we ensured that the all illegally parked vehicles were removed."