93527CSR (2012-13) by United Bank of India

  • Pearl - Karmayog
    Jan 10

      CSR by United Bank of India

      Sales: Rs 10318 Cr

      Profit before Tax: Rs 392 Cr

      Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
      Source: United Bank of India Annual Report (2012-13), Pg No: 48-49

      CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

      CSR has been assuming greater importance in the corporate

      world, including the banking sector. Over the years, we at United

      Bank ofIndia , have integrated CSR principles with the Bank's

      financial, promotional and development assistance to the Priority

      Sector, industrial growth, infrastructure development, as well as

      our own internal functioning through good corporate governance

      practices. Our CSR pillars are Sustainable Banking,

      Environment, Social Commitments, Human Resources

      Development and Stakeholders Engagements.

      We acknowledge that lending to MSME sector, Priority Sector

      including Education Loans has significant sustainability impact.

      Responsible banking, along with realization of economic

      benefits and protection of environment form an integral part of

      our CSR strategy. For instance, we do not provide credit to Ozone

      depleting industries. We extend credit to industrial units only

      after they obtain 'No Objection Certificate' from the Pollution

      Control Board, wherever required.

      An important plank of our CSR framework has been to widen and

      deepen the process of financial inclusion by way of purveying

      micro credit to the disadvantaged sections, such as women,

      minorities and backward classes in rural, unorganized and

      weaker section of the society.

      Rural Self-Employment Training Institute (RSETI) :

      Bank has so far set up 11 RSETIs in the states of West Bengal ,

      Assam and Tripura to impart training to the prospective

      entrepreneurs from the downtrodden community of the society.

      Up to 31.03.2013, these institutes have imparted training to

      25094 rural youths /women of which 18565 trainees are self

      employed and 1195 trainees are wage employed. Out of 18565

      self employed trainees 10472, trainees have got loan from Banks.

      These institutes are providing post training support (Escort

      Services) including arrangement of loan from our Bank branches

      to enable the trainees to set up their own ventures.

      FLCC: Bank has also set up 38 Financial Literacy Centres in the

      states of West Bengal, Assam, Tripura and Manipur to extend

      financial literacy and credit counseling services to the poorer

      section of the society. In the Financial Year 2012-13, these FLCs

      conducted 539 no of Outdoor Activity, wherein 15099 persons

      participated and also conducted regular Indoor activity wherein

      6510 Persons participated.

      United Bank Socio Economic Development Foundation

      th (UBSEDF) was established on 30 March 2007 with the

      objective of promoting and carrying out social and economic

      developmental activities and rendering assistance to weaker and

      under privileged section of the society in terms of decision taken

      th by the Board of Directors of the Bank in its meeting held on 18

      December, 2006, towards discharging corporate social

      responsibility of the Bank.

      Till the Financial Year 2012-13, the Trust has undertaken various

      welfare activities involving total assistance of Rs. 106.25 Lac in

      53 cases, Year wise break up of which is furnished below.

      Some of the important projects are, installation of two water hand

      pumps in Muirei village and Hamlei Khong Humdung at Ukhrul

      District of Manipur State , construction of concrete roof of the

      class rooms of Dakshin Kamarpole F.P.School at 24 Parganas

      (South) district and construction of one Residential Farmers'

      Training Centre, Chaltaberia, 24 Parganas (North) district,

      setting up Diagonistic Clinic for economically weaker section of

      the society at Khardah, 24 Parganas (North), self employment

      unit for the women life convicts of Alipur Correctional Home

      (Kolkata), setting up of free/subsidized Dialysis Centre at

      Maharaja Agrasain Hospital Charitable Trust, Rhotak, New

      Delhi, construction of Hostel Building and purchase of furniture

      for physically and mentally challenged children at Duliajan,

      Assam, adoption of 2 scheduled tribe girl child in Jharkhand and

      setting up of Arsenic free drinking water plant at Dharampur, 24

      Parganas (North).

      Year N

      Chairperson: Archana Bhargava

      Registered Office