520735 Jun: IMC's Tree Plantation Drive on World Environment Day

  • karmayog - tanya
    Jun 1, 2009

      Dear Sir/Madam

      We are glad to inform you that on 5th  June 2009 – IMC is celebrating World Environmental Day and conducting tree plantation drive at Indian Culture League Education Society’s, ICL Motilal Jhunjhunwala College Play Ground, Sector 9-A, Plot No. 53, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

      All environment enthusiasts are invited. The inauguration of the annual Mass Tree Plantation Drive will start at 9.00 a.m. and the Guest of Honour is Film Actress “Nagma”. The Bus Service for pick up and drop will be provided from IMC, Churchgate.

       ‘One million population and One million trees’ tops the agenda of IMC’s Combating Global Warming Committee. The Committee has been working most extensively to fulfill this and will strive harder to reach grassroots level to generate awareness and plant one million trees.

       Trees are of continued importance to the environment, they are in fact natural air filters and conditioners. In one year the average tree inhales 11.8 kgs of carbon dioxide which is equivalent to the amount emitted by a car on a 17,700 km trip. Tree plantation & conservation forms a vital part of low cost Climate Change mitigation measures.

      We would request seeking support of yourself and friends for this noble cause by joining us at this tree plantation drive. I shall also request to forward this email across to your friends.

      Varun Miglani,

      Assistant Research Analyst

      Indian Merchants' Chamber-Economic Research and Training Foundation, Churchgate, Mumbai

      Tel - 022 - 22046633 Ext: 151

      Mob: 9920625259