51088Re: Reasons for low voting turnout

  • karmayog
    May 1, 2009
      From: "Nita Luthria"

      I agree that doing anything in our country, however good your
      intentions, is difficult and riddled with unnecessary obstacles and

      If you are persistent though and want to get something done, you can.
      It took me several visits to the ERO, much searching on the web, a
      couple of calls to the helpline no but I managed to get my husband's
      and my names on the electoral rolls in the Colaba constituency. While
      my name could not be located by the helpline, they gave me my
      husband's serial no. and booth details. We went to our booth. The
      officials there were courteous and most helpful; they helped me find
      my name and we did not have to wait too long.

      The point I am making is that don't expect things to be smooth but
      work with the inefficiencies in the system but, for God's sake, don't
      be indifferent just because it is not easy. Bombay truly deserves the
      inefficient government it has got if it continues to be so apathetic.
      This was an important day for Bombayites to get together and truly
      show they cared. It saddens me that the vast majority didn't.

      Thank You.

      Knita Luthria Row
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic