18309Re: who pays for late pizzas?

  • vinay somani
    Dec 1, 2006
      Subject: who pays for late pizzas?
      From: "A.V.Shenoy" <av_shenoy@...>
      Date: Thu, November 30, 2006 10:06 pm
      To: "karmayog"
      Cc: "CGSI" <cgsibom@...>

      One of the major problems due to this ad is that the delivery boys drive
      recklessly to ensure delivery in specified time which can result in
      accidents.

      This issue was discussed in Road Safety Committee meeting headed by
      Collector of Mumbai (City) 2 months back. As decided in the meeting CGSI
      has written to Advertising Council of India to withdraw this ad.

      A.V.Shenoy
      Member, Civic Affairs Committee
      Consumer Guidance Society of India

      11. who pays for late pizzas?
      Posted by: "chris@..." chris@...
      fernandes_c48 Date: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:36 pm ((PST))

      I hv recd this fwd mail. Is it possible to verify whether this is true?

      Chris Fernandes

      "PIZZAS that kill!!!

      Recently in The Times of India there was an article / advertisement
      about Pizza delivery Companies which guarantees you free pizza if they
      fail to deliver within the specified time (like 30 minutes). Have you
      ever wondered who pays for the free pizzas?? Well, the delivery boy is
      made to pay for the pizza. They are paid such low wages and the price
      of the pizza is deducted from their monthly wages which can amount to
      upto 60% in some months (It becomes difficult to run their family). To
      deliver the pizzas the delivery boys take high traffic risks as
      delivery becomes their priority. Their life and safety risks are
      neither looked into by the Pizza Shop Management nor the Pizza Delivery
      Boy himself. (They are more concerned to avoid the deduction from their
      salary).

      If this type of exploitation is carried on in your city┬┤s pizza
      logistics we should stop availing the home delivery system, because to
      deliver our pizza one person may be risking his life. Is the life of an
      Indian citizen so cheap and of no value? In case he is late in
      delivering the pizza, we are enjoying the free pizza at the hard earned
      money of a poor delivery boy. Is it fair or right on our part to do it?
      Messages in this topic (1)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic