Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

16609Re: pregnancy complications / disorder research? info & fund sources?

Expand Messages
  • kinnuzzz
    Sep 30, 2006
      --- In karmayog@yahoogroups.com, "kinnuzzz" <kinnuzzz@...> wrote:
      > --- In karmayog@yahoogroups.com, kinnari sathe <kinnuzzz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am Dr. Sathe's daughter and currently pursing my Masters (by
      > Research) in Pharmacology at Nottingham Trent University, UK. I
      > be applying for PhD st the same institution, but I will need
      > to cover my tuition fess which are £9000 pa for 3 yrs. Is there a
      > scholarship/ hardships fund specifically for Indian students who
      > like to pursue theirs studies in the UK? Please let me know the
      > details of the same. Also would you know of any NGO's funding
      > pregnancy complications/ disorder related research? since that is
      > project research field.
      > > Thanks
      > > Kinnari
      > >
      > > [And who is Dr. Sathe? Vinay]
      > >
      > he is one of the group members who suggested that i could possibly
      > find out about the funding i'm looking for
      > [Thanks for replying.
      > 1. Have you talked to British Council in Mumbai?
      > 2. What about Indian community sites in UK?
      > 3. What about bank loans from India?
      > 4. The Indian Donors link in www.karmayog.org has details of some
      trusts in India which give loans / scholarships.
      > 5. Finally, what about pharmaceutical cos in India or in UK?
      > Vinay]
      The british council offers guidance for scholarships. They have
      given me a few links like the ORSAS, Commonwealth. Loans will not be
      feasible as it is a 3yr programme and it will be extremely difficult
      for me to pay such a big loan. I had spoken to a few Indian Donors
      on the karmayog website, but most of them offer loans/scholarships
      for MS not a PhD. There are a few pharmaceutical companies in UK
      which i am applying to.. & I donot know of any in India which will
      give such grants.
      Thanks a lot for your help
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic