Mother tongue--the Telugu identity

  • vadlapudi kesavarao
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2013

      Mother Tongue-the Telugu identity

      From the moment one starts as a zygote, one interacts with one’s mother in the mother tongue. The words of the mother are heard by the baby in the womb. That is why it is called the mother tongue. It simply becomes the soul or the ultimate essence of the person. The hormonal system, viz, the internal communication system develops with the language symbol- embedment of the mother tongue. The mother tongue becomes part of the blood stream, literally. The 10000 trillion cells within the body communicate with each other on the basis of the hormonal routine developed by the mother tongue. It is the language of communication within one’s own body and with the people or nature outside the body. It is the medium of understanding, learning, interacting, loving, hating, training, observing, perceiving, and conceiving...living. It moulds one’s place and position in nature. The people speaking the same language thus become a semi bio group.

      Anyone discounting one’s own language is one who cannot accept oneself and who suffers from self alienation. The person is sick. The self hatred transforms into hatred for one’s own linguistic group. He destroys his society—the state, the nation, the culture, the history, the heritage, the aspirations the very essence of one’s own people. Such a person can become blind and deaf and totally insensitive to one’s own identity—say the Telugu identity. He revels in the dead bodies of the youth of his own society and uses them for economic benefit. Totally amoral economics dominates his thoughts. For him communication is plotting and conspiring.

      The mother tongue becomes the medium of contesting and competing and never dedicating. He develops the habit of grievance manufacturing even where there are no grounds for those grievances. He tells lies to himself, develops the habit of continuously deceiving himself and fortifies his mentality with hate only. He is a human ruin. He can destroy his own state.

    • seshu kumar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2013
        I dont know what you are but what you have said is absolutely true and beyond normal mans imagination and scientific temper. Keep posting.

        On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM, vadlapudi kesavarao <vkvk9058@...> wrote:

        Mother Tongue-the Telugu identity

        From the moment one starts as a zygote, one interacts with one’s mother in the mother tongue. The words of the mother are heard by the baby in the womb. That is why it is called the mother tongue. It simply becomes the soul or the ultimate essence of the person. The hormonal system, viz, the internal communication system develops with the language symbol- embedment of the mother tongue. The mother tongue becomes part of the blood stream, literally. The 10000 trillion cells within the body communicate with each other on the basis of the hormonal routine developed by the mother tongue. It is the language of communication within one’s own body and with the people or nature outside the body. It is the medium of understanding, learning, interacting, loving, hating, training, observing, perceiving, and conceiving...living. It moulds one’s place and position in nature. The people speaking the same language thus become a semi bio group.

        --
        www.srisms.com
        For Solar Home Light Systems
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2013
          Ask, 'How are we different from the great apes?' We have culture, we have civilisation, and we have language to be celebrated as part of being human.

          A S N
          Anger itself is a punishment

          On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM, seshu kumar <anmolnaturals@...> wrote:

          I dont know what you are but what you have said is absolutely true and beyond normal mans imagination and scientific temper. Keep posting.

          On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM, vadlapudi kesavarao <vkvk9058@...> wrote:

          Mother Tongue-the Telugu identity

          From the moment one starts as a zygote, one interacts with one’s mother in the mother tongue. The words of the mother are heard by the baby in the womb. That is why it is called the mother tongue. It simply becomes the soul or the ultimate essence of the person. The hormonal system, viz, the internal communication system develops with the language symbol- embedment of the mother tongue. The mother tongue becomes part of the blood stream, literally. The 10000 trillion cells within the body communicate with each other on the basis of the hormonal routine developed by the mother tongue. It is the language of communication within one’s own body and with the people or nature outside the body. It is the medium of understanding, learning, interacting, loving, hating, training, observing, perceiving, and conceiving...living. It moulds one’s place and position in nature. The people speaking the same language thus become a semi bio group.

        • rsubhash@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2013
            LINGUISTIC FASCISM

            FASCISM Def.:   a political system based on a very powerful leader, state control of social and economic life, and extreme pride in country and race, with no expression of political disagreement allowed.

            Linguistic Fascism: a political system based on extreme pride in a Language, with no expression of political disagreement allowed!

            These fascists wish to change the language people speak to reflect their political views of what reality ought to be. Instead of language being a slow product of societal evolution, they believe language can be controlled by an elite group so that people must speak and write the language of those elite–or else.

            This is a sign of Linguistic Fascism and Imperialism:  Order issued by AP government agency:

            Shop signs must be in Telugu'
            TNN Nov 24, 2012, 06.06AM IST
            Tags:

                Mandali Buddha Prasad|
                Establishments Act|
                Employment Change

            HYDERABAD: In a move that will affect shops and establishments across the state, the department of labour on Friday issued an order directing all business establishments to put up their sign boards in Telugu as well. The shops and establishments have been given a month's time to comply with the order, failing which the department has warned that the name boards will be taken away and a penalty levied on the owner.

            The move is seen as a renewed vigour on the part of the state to promote the Telugu language. Recently, former minister Mandali Buddha Prasad was appointed chairman of the official language commission.

            These Linguistic Fascists advocate a kind of Apartheid by separating people on the basis of the language they speak.  They dictate that a whole region or State is created for people of one language only!

            If we allow this kind of Fascism to spread, we will break up India in to a zillion parts.  Linguistic Fascism will destruct India like no other spurious identity like Religion and Caste.  It is the fundamental duty of every Secular citizen to stop this madness before it engulfs the whole country in flames of hatred based on language.

            Language is a socially learned tool of communication.

            "Humans acquire language through social interaction in early childhood, and children generally speak fluently when they are approximately three years old. The use of language is deeply entrenched in human culture. Therefore, in addition to its strictly communicative uses, language also has many social and cultural uses, such as signifying group identity, social stratification, as well as for social grooming and entertainment.Languages evolve and diversify over time, and the history of their evolution can be reconstructed by comparing modern languages to determine which traits their ancestral languages must have had in order for the later stages to have occurred

            the drive to language acquisition is innate in humans often argue that this is supported by the fact that all cognitively normal children raised in an environment where language is accessible will acquire language without formal instruction. Languages may even spontaneously develop in environments where people live or grow up together without a common language.  Language is a socially learned tool of communication.

            The brain is the coordinating center of all linguistic activity; it controls both the production of linguistic cognition and of meaning and the mechanics of speech production.
            two areas in the brain are crucially implicated in language processing. The first area is Wernicke's area, which is located in the posterior section of the superior temporal gyrus in the dominant cerebral hemisphere. People with a lesion in this area of the brain develop receptive aphasia, a condition in which there is a major impairment of language comprehension, while speech retains a natural-sounding rhythm and a relatively normal sentence structure. The second area is Broca's area, located in the posterior inferior frontal gyrus of the dominant hemisphere. People with a lesion to this area develop expressive aphasia, meaning that they know what they want to say, they just cannot get it out.[42] They are typically able to understand what is being said to them, but unable to speak fluently. Other symptoms that may be present in Broca's aphasia include problems with fluency, articulation, word-finding, word repetition, and producing and comprehending complex grammatical sentences, both orally and in writing. Those with this aphasia also exhibit ungrammatical speech and show inability to use syntactic information to determine the meaning of sentences. Both Broca's and Wenicke's aphasia also affect the use of sign language, in analogous ways to how they affect speech, with Broca's aphasia causing signers to sign slowly and with incorrect grammar, whereas a signer with Wernicke's aphasia will sign fluently, but make little sense to others and have difficulties comprehending others' signs. This shows that the impairment is specific to the ability to use language, not to the physiology used for speech production.[43][44]

            Language and culture
            See also: Culture and Speech community
            Arnold Lakhovsky, The Conversation (circa 1935)

            Languages, understood as the particular set of speech norms of a particular community, are also a part of the larger culture of the community that speaks them. Languages do not differ only in pronunciation, vocabulary, or grammar, but also through having different "cultures of speaking". Humans use language as a way of signalling identity with one cultural group and difference from others. Even among speakers of one language, several different ways of using the language exist, and each is used to signal affiliation with particular subgroups within a larger culture. Linguists and anthropologists, particularly sociolinguists, ethnolinguists, and linguistic anthropologists have specialized in studying how ways of speaking vary between speech communities.[90]

            Linguists use the term "varieties" to refer to the different ways of speaking a language. This term includes geographically or socioculturally defined dialects as well as the jargons or styles of subcultures. Linguistic anthropologists and sociologists of language define communicative style as the ways that language is used and understood within a particular culture.[91]

            Because norms for language use are shared by members of a specific group, communicative style also becomes a way of displaying and constructing group identity. Linguistic differences may become salient markers of divisions between social groups, for example, speaking a language with a particular accent may imply membership of an ethnic minority or social class, one's area of origin, or status as a second language speaker. These kinds of differences are not part of the linguistic system, but are an important part of how language users use language as a social tool for constructing groups.[92]" (excerpted from Wikipedia).