My comments on new andhra capital - the times of india, Aug 3,2013

  • jeevananda reddy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
      The following is the post of mine on "New Andhra Capital likely along Caste lines" published in The Times of India, Aug 3, 2013:

      This is exactly what Sonia Gandhi wanted to break Jagan politically. First she negotiated with Chandrababu and put Jagan in Jail -- she saved Chandrababu from legal & CBI like in the case of Mulayam in UP to get TDPs full support to UPA in Delhi and Congress in Hyderabad. With this, however, Jagan became still stronger as evident from the bye elections. Then she made a strategy: (1) at the flag end of the parliament life of MPs, brought in several MPs in to cabinet from Coastal Andhra by giving more importance to Khamma caste. Also, allocated Polavaram contract to the same caste MP. Then she announced Telangana with Hyderabad and to please Coastal Andhra announced national status to Polavaram project -- for the last few years created hurdles without announcing national status for Polavaram. In this deal she put the Rayalaseema out. With this she weakened support base to Jagan in Telangana -- in violation of election code announced Telangana formation and thus helped Congress and TDP in Panchayat elections --. Now, she created more problems to Jagan base in coastal Andhra without naming the capital. When she could not beat Jagan politically, she used the weapon of region & caste to weaken Jagan politically. Unfortunately, people of Andhra Pradesh has the weak mentality and don't understand the game plan of centre. She is running the nation with people served World Bank with the ambition to make her son as PM. Now, all the three regions have to wait for 25 years to start development of the respective regions because all the three regions have to settle the major issues like irrigation water sharing, power sharing, and building education & health care, building of capital, infrastructure. In fact the centre should have prepared all these issues and then she should have announced Telangana. She did not do this with the objective of weakening Jagan. She announced Hyderabad will be the capital for the two states for ten years but did not presented operational issues. Now, the main beneficiaries are Sonia, Congress and TDP and loser is the Jagan and people of the three regions. People of Rayalaseema should accept Ongole as capital with Reddys and Kammas, Telagas/Balijas are equally dominated. Make Ongole as clean and green capital like Canberra in Australia and Brasilia in Brazil. Make it a pollution free city with secretariat, Assembly, housing, educational institutions. Distributing other activities all around the otherimportant cities.

      Dr. S. Jeevananda Reddy
    • Anil Kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
        Dear Dr.Jeevananda Reddy,

        Wish You Green Day. Hope You all are fine.

        Yes, I agree with most of the facts expressed. It is Really Worst Unfortunate Situation.

        I often travel to Delhi for Seminars, Conferences and i have observed personally that - No One Values a Small State CM there. Even now they don't give importance to such states.
        Because any Ruling Party(Central Govt) values the states with Maximum No.of MPs.

        Except for Uttarakhand none of the states are peaceful. Even Uttarakhand utterly failed they lack any capability to handle the recent floods and landslides. And many small states are unstable.

        Indian Politicians are the Worst in the World, as they can 'Twist', 'Turn' any situation in their favour. And made people busy, without any time to think or revolt, as survival is the main need in this high prices.

        With Warm Regards,

        Anil Kumar
        Secretary, Hyderabad Chapter,
        Coordinator, Andhra Pradesh Chapter,

        OISCA International - Hyderabad Chapter
        (Organization for Industrial Spiritual Cultural Advancement)
        201, Basera Apt., #3-6-361/27/A,
        Himayatnagar, Hyderabad-500029.

        Mobile:+919848981189
        Email:   oiscahyd@...
                    anilrajkot@...
        Website:www.oiscaindia.org (South India)

        www.facebook.com/Anil.Kumar.Social.Worker

      • rsubhash@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
          I second your proposal, Dr Jeevanand Reddy garu, to make Ongole the Capital city of the new AP.  I also agree with you on other points and they are still trying to breakup Rayala Seema .

          I, however, do not agree with Mr Anil Kumar's viewpoints.  No informed person would classify the new States of AP and Telangana as Small States.  These new States will be larger, much larger and even twice the size, than most States.  They will be larger than W. Bengal, Punjab, Assam, Haryana, Kerala, and a host of other States.

          This statement is utterly nonsensical:  " I often travel to Delhi for Seminars, Conferences and i have observed personally that No One Values a Small State CM there"  I really don't understand how a person attending seminars and conferences can tell how a CM is valued!  And then who cares how a CM of a State is valued. How does that affect a common man in that State?

          Physical size of a State does not automatically bestow any prestige on its citizens.  In India, political power and influence for a State depends more on the number of MP constituencies (population based) of that State.  But, even that does not necessarilt translate into good life for the citizens of that State.  Examples of such States are UP, MP, Bihar, and so on.  Per Capita income, actually Per capita Median Income, Literacy rate, are more indicative of a prosperous and progressive State.

          Also is it healthy for a nation to make geographically larger States more powerful?

          Subhash C. Reddy, Ph.D.