Re: [karmayog-hyd] Fwd: [karmayog] A teacher on why the midday meal should be rescued

  • MALLAPRAGADA RAMARAO
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24 3:19 PM
      Kudos to Ms. Sweta Sharma and her tribe. What is lacking in public
      servants in our country, from top to bottom, is public spirit.

      From: iyer_ga
      Date: Thursday, July 18, 2013
      To: karmayog@yahoogroups.com

      Ms. Sweta Sharma has unquestionably pointed out what is missing in the whole project of mid day meal scheme like lack of supervision in getting the food grains and other accessaries, preparing it till seving food to students!! The authorities' chaltha hai attitude and utter calousness is evident from this small but very very important project which is meant to change the face of poor India! As a matter of fact the entire work of our government, bureaucracy, politicians, elected representatives and so on are only for making known that they have done to the concerned people allocation of funds at considerable efforts and be done with it!!

      This charecter is endemic, nay an integral part,of whatever government do be it construction of road, hospitl and its services, buildings, bridges, irrigation schemes and dams, information and broadcasting, electioneering, nerga, contracts, defence, reasearch, Atomic energy and name anything! Where continuous supervision and monitoring are required for enuring the projects to be properly accomplished the eagles' eyes are focussed on where and how funds can be siphoned off making the loses on the way more than what is deliverd, flaws unlimited!!

      Swetha Sharmas simple narration hides the fearful poverty level in the places she refer to. The boy, Gulab Tatwa roped in to studies, at the age of 12,and his family appear to have retired to the fact that "this is life" and they have to live life like that! The fact that he was the only one assured of a meal in that family(when 4 others in all probability left to starve) drives home the stark reality and the herculian task ahead for the unwilling, egoistic and bickering "leaders"

      As it is there is an unsettled issue as to what amount per person is required in Rural and urban area for one to make a lively hood! When Montek Ahluwalia, by his own estimate says Rs26/ (which is far below what is required ) is what is required, Rs.3.53 each spent on Gulab Tatwa and his collegues shows it requires only that much per person but his parents and siblings are ,in all probability, starving! This means, even assuming his estimate real, this area in Jharkhand is only receiving Rs3.53 worth against Rs130/(26x5)!!! WHERE IS GOVERNANCE AND ADMINISTRATION REACHING?

      If a politicians cannot be moved even by Shweta"s concern for Gulab's and millions of such families we even appear to have misplaced or lost our hopes for an uncorrupt, action oriented rule in our country!!

      My heart goes out Swetha and the people about whom she is concerned about!!