Fwd: Illiterate mechanic spends life savings to build his village a hospital where patients pay only what they can afford

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2013
      From: kv chari <kvchari@...>
      Really wish we can circulate this mail to the maximum number of our fellow countrymen, who only read and see the negative events!!

      Illiterate mechanic spends life savings to build his village a hospital where patients pay only what they can afford.
      Illiterate mechanic spends life savings to build his village a hospital where patients pay only what they can afford

      Hussain Momin, 48, built the Adarsh Hospital at Telav village on the outskirts of Ahmedabad, using his life savings of Rs 7 lakh. The hospital has a unique payment plan under which patients pay only what they can afford. Hussain, a shy garage mechanic, refuses to talk much, but the hospital's chief Dr Kartik Shukla tells how Momin got the hospital built in the 1200 sq yard plot. "The location of the plot made it a prime property and Hussain bhai had many offers to sell it off with some offers even going up to Rs 10 crore," Shukla says. But Momin stuck to his guns, used the money he had saved, and finally launched his dream hospital.u