Fwd: AccountAid Capsule 366: NGO Must file Tax Return Online

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2013
      From: karmayog.org

      NGOs and other charities must now file their Income Tax Returns electronically. Along with this, the tax audit report in form 10B must also be filed electronically.

      This change is effective from 1st April 2013. If you have already filed your return in paper form, you may need to file it again electronically.

      What does this mean? Most NGOs will have to get help in filing the return electronically. However, it will be easier for the Department to process the returns. The Department will also be able to cross-link returns to plug evasion. It will also become easier for NGOs to get their tax refund.