Re: Fwd: Can India be a conglomerate of 500 states?

  • Janardhan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2013

      Dear Sir,
      Namasthe,
      I said I will not interact with you and on that particular topic.That does not mean that I will not react to the discussion on different topics relating to the subject.I was replying to the particular topic 'Can India be a conglomerate of 500 states?'.It will be meaningful if we express our views in relation to the observations made in the topic of discussion instead of broadcasting our pre-judgement.Your question and observation in the message is totally irrelevant to the points I have discussed on the topic. You are saying every thing except talking the grievances of Telangana. It is quite apparent that you have decided to say no to every thing  that is Telangana. I will definitely interact wherever I feel there is a need and pour my views, to make the discussion meaningful in this forum, and oppose obscurantism against the democratic struggle of people.
      Thanks

    • rsubhash@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2013
        Please go and ask Dr M Chenna Reddy!  Don't ask us.

        Subhash C Reddy, PhD

      • rsubhash@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2013

          The person who originally asked this question should first know the meaning of a Conglomerate.  If he did, he wouldn't have asked such a question.  Let me help to educate:

          Conglomerate Definition | Investopedia
          www.investopedia.com/terms/c/conglomerate.asp‎

          A corporation that is made up of a number of different, seemingly unrelated businesses.

          Well, it is clear that, by the definition, India IS NOT A CONGLOMERATE because it is not made up of seemingly unrelated parts.

          Extrapolation from the present 29 States (the rest are UTs) to a total of 500 is nothing short of 500.  What kind of a mind would go berserk like that?
          With Telangana and every other demand for separate State currently, the number wouldn't even exceed 39!  Any sense here?

          I am reminded of Tenali Ramakrishna's admonition to that other poet who stated that the trunk of an elephant entered a mosquito :

          Tenali's response?  He said:  Ekkada Kunjara Yudhambu Jochhe....?

          Subhash C. Reddy, Ph.D.